9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all,

I recently got my 2012 Si HFP after a total loss of my 2019 Si and the decision to return to school...

I must admit the handling is really not as good obviously.

I've looked around alot and from what I've seen... installing the front and rear sway bars make the car feel better.

Does anyone have a similar setup and are the upgrades worth it differences in feel?

The 2012 Si steering feel isn't the best... the hfp suspension def. helps but it's still not there.

Any other recommended upgrades to the suspension besides the sway bars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also.

2012 OEM Sway Bar Sizes: F/R - 18mm/15mm
2014 OEM Sway Bar Sizes: F/R - 21mm/20mm

I have complied a list of parts needed for the front and rear sway bar upgrade. (I am canadian though)

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
I Need A Vacation
14,086 Posts
You are comparing a suspension on a 2019 vs 2012 that's 7 years of extra mileage and wear and tear on that suspension so somewhat of an unfair comparison

Obvious upgrade is the rear sway bar. You can upgrade to a 22mm or 24mm that would make a big difference right there. No need to upgrade the front sway bar. There are other braces like subframe, trunk braces etc that you can add but they will have a much lesser impact on handling than the RSB.

Something that is overlooked is tires. Upgrading tires will have the greatest impact on handling. Never cheap out on tires.

Something that is less obvious but will also impact handling is installing Spoon Subframe Rigid Collars. If your unsure what they are search it up basically they will tighten the suspension and cause less flex.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The 9th gen platform is based largely on the 8th gen, so its about a decade of chassis refinement behind the 10th gen. The 9th gen is also notoriously soft. All great ideas from Kev, but you're never going to strike the same ride and handling balance of a new car. The steering is also very numb and not much can be done about that.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm still rocking a '13 Si with HFP suspension, 24mm rear sway bar upgrade, along with the end links and bushings. I agree on the tires, as I went with the Michelin pilot super sport's for summer, and blizzak ws80's for winter. I also have the adjustable control arms for camber* adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I'll go with Tires + OEM sway bar upgrades, since summer is ending I'll probably post an update next summer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts