9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Personally I've only used Honda MT oil.After being a member on the 8th guys used non Honda oil and had issues but YRMV.my .02 maybe not yours.I be also carefully drain measured amount drained and added the exact amount back in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Personally I've only used Honda MT oil.After being a member on the 8th guys used non Honda oil and had issues but YRMV.my .02 maybe not yours.I be also carefully drain measured amount drained and added the exact amount back in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have read a lot of posts about using different oils on honda trannies and it seems it always hit an miss so my assumption is that these people who are having problem after switching to something other then honda Mt oil likely were gonna have these problems anyway whether they used honda Mt oil or not

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have read a lot of posts about using different oils on honda trannies and it seems it always hit an miss so my assumption is that these people who are having problem after switching to something other then honda Mt oil likely were gonna have these problems anyway whether they used honda Mt oil or not
Since I've owned my 2013 Si, I have changed the tranny fluid twice using Redline fluid. Using what Redline recommends on their website (For our application) and I haven't had one problem yet. Tranny shifts smooth as hell and I am by no means easy on her either.....just my 2 cents....

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
So I was just perusing the data sheet for the Amsoil MTF on their website. It says it's for use in transmissions where non-extreme-pressure fluids are used, suggesting to me, at least, that this is a GL4 and not GL5 fluid. It even says it's compatible with the brass parts in your synchromesh transmission, which is great because at least then you don't have to worry about your internal gear parts degrading. It says it's not for use in limited-slip applications, and I'm guessing this fluid lacks the friction modifiers that, in addition to the oil, are recommended for clutch-type limited slip diffs. However, since our helical gear Torsen type differentials have no clutches, the Amsoil MTF should be fine for out transmissions.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts