9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well - trying this Thread before "AlienPrime" shuts it down.........

Have just about come to the end of the road with my Si and Rev Hang - especially since the S FL temps are cooling off and my A/C is OFF also. Do me a favor?? In 2nd Gear accelerate your Si to 4000RPM then Lift OFF the Gas and push IN the clutch...what happens?? On mine with the Gas Pedal OFF when the Clutch pedal goes IN the revs go right up to 4500RPM....so if you then lift OFF the Clutch your the engine is turning 500 more RPM and...the Clutch "slips/jerks" when you re-engage it...

I just went over to my Dealer and asked him to locate a 2013 Accord Sport w/ 6-spd Manual. Basically the same engine, LESS HP (189) but MORE Torque (181) and tested 0-60 times of mid 6's.........that's AS QUICK as stock Si's..........AND...Guess WHAT??!!..........NO Rev Hang!!! Plus close to the same pricing as the 2012 Si's..............so I'll "test drive" one for myself just to verify.......and then probably go from there...........

What an absolutely STUPID Engineering Choice from Honda to do this on their "Halo HP Car"..............and then REFUSE to address or fix it.

End of My RANT!!! All the Best to all of you.........

·
Registered
545 Posts
the new accord sport is sick i think i would pick it over the si more options :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Well - trying this Thread before "Alienprime" shuts it down.........

Have just about come to the end of the road with my Si and Rev Hang - especially since the S FL temps are cooling off and my A/C is OFF also. Do me a favor?? In 2nd Gear accelerate your Si to 4000RPM then Lift OFF the Gas and push IN the clutch...what happens?? On mine with the Gas Pedal OFF when the Clutch pedal goes IN the revs go right up to 4500RPM....so if you then lift OFF the Clutch your the engine is turning 500 more RPM and...the Clutch "slips/jerks" when you re-engage it...

I just went over to my Dealer and asked him to locate a 2013 Accord Sport w/ 6-spd Manual. Basically the same engine, LESS HP (189) but MORE Torque (181) and tested 0-60 times of mid 6's.........that's AS QUICK as stock Si's..........AND...Guess WHAT??!!..........NO Rev Hang!!! Plus close to the same pricing as the 2012 Si's..............so I'll "test drive" one for myself just to verify.......and then probably go from there...........

What an absolutely STUPID Engineering Choice from Honda to do this on their "Halo HP Car"..............and then REFUSE to address or fix it.

dumb turds at honda

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Good luck to you man. I've never had that exactly the way you described, and flash-pro is about to be out so... Since I am going that route anyway. Rev-hang will be a non issue

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck to you man. I've never had that exactly the way you described, and flash-pro is about to be out so... Since I am going that route anyway. Rev-hang will be a non issue

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Good luck to you also with the Flashpro - hope it DOES cure the Rev Hang for you

·
Registered
684 Posts
Good luck to you also with the Flashpro - hope it DOES cure the Rev Hang for you
Yess it will
Its made 5month i had the car...and rev hang never been a problem you describe it like its the worst thing on earth
and like because of the rev hang the car is a pos
Wwaatatatatatatata k24z7 crew member #256 yo

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I'm really getting used to it, not sure it's really a big deal to me anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We have two 2012 SIs and for us Rev Hang isn't a big issue at all; we've adjusted, and occasionally still like to drive 'em like we stole them - No Problems! We've had a number of "performance" cars the last decade or so, and at this point in our lives the Si fits the bill as a reliable, economical, commuter car that is safe AND fun to drive. Good luck with your new car... Accord with manual tranny is nice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Post back and let us know what you think after you drive the Accord. I test drove a 6 speed V6 2012, it was really fast, but I could really feel the extra weight in the corners, and MPG was not what I wanted it to be for something under 300whp. Best of luck if you end up getting one, I really like the looks of the '13.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like the 2012 Accord Sport also.. but I love music and the Audio in the Si is pretty good. The Honda Sport although is only a 4 speaker system, which sucks. Aftermarket not an option for me. 2013 Jetta GLI DSG with Fender Audio is also on my list.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Well - trying this Thread before "Alienprime" shuts it down.........

You know what i told you.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Post back and let us know what you think after you drive the Accord. I test drove a 6 speed V6 2012, it was really fast, but I could really feel the extra weight in the corners, and MPG was not what I wanted it to be for something under 300whp. Best of luck if you end up getting one, I really like the looks of the '13.
Don't get me wrong I really feel the 2012 Si is near perfect - except for the You Know What!!! - I just find it really interesting that then Honda comes out with the 2013 Accord Sport with basically the same engine/trans combo and it puts down close to the same Perf Numbers as the 2012 Si - has a very similar price - AND - at the same time those of us who BOUGHT the 2012 Si get the "canned line" from Honda - and some owners are even saying that the Rev Hang is "not that bad"?? Why can Honda "solve" the issue on basically the same engine but blow us owners off at the same time?? Maybe the fact that the Accord 2.4 has "Direct Injection" has an impact on Throttle Response?? In any event when I get to actually "drive" one I'll definitely let you know...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't get me wrong I really feel the 2012 Si is near perfect - except for the You Know What!!! - I just find it really interesting that then Honda comes out with the 2013 Accord Sport with basically the same engine/trans combo and it puts down close to the same Perf Numbers as the 2012 Si - has a very similar price - AND - at the same time those of us who BOUGHT the 2012 Si get the "canned line" from Honda - and some owners are even saying that the Rev Hang is "not that bad"?? Why can Honda "solve" the issue on basically the same engine but blow us owners off at the same time?? Maybe the fact that the Accord 2.4 has "Direct Injection" has an impact on Throttle Response?? In any event when I get to actually "drive" one I'll definitely let you know...
I'm a drag racing oriented person and I actually enjoy the rev hang.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts