9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Don't get me wrong I really feel the 2012 Si is near perfect - except for the You Know What!!! - I just find it really interesting that then Honda comes out with the 2013 Accord Sport with basically the same engine/trans combo and it puts down close to the same Perf Numbers as the 2012 Si - has a very similar price - AND - at the same time those of us who BOUGHT the 2012 Si get the "canned line" from Honda - and some owners are even saying that the Rev Hang is "not that bad"?? Why can Honda "solve" the issue on basically the same engine but blow us owners off at the same time?? Maybe the fact that the Accord 2.4 has "Direct Injection" has an impact on Throttle Response?? In any event when I get to actually "drive" one I'll definitely let you know...
You kidding? The 2013 accord engine/trans combo isn't remotely the same at all. That car has the new Earthdreams 2.4L. It's a direct injection engine. It's listed as a new "k series" but it's not remotely similar to the k series in any way shape or form. For starters, besides the direct injection, these new engines are mounts BACKWARDS compared to the old k series. basically intake manifold in back, exhaust up front. I think the only thing these engines share with the old k series is probably stroke and bore.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You kidding? The 2013 accord engine/trans combo isn't remotely the same at all. That car has the new Earthdreams 2.4L. It's a direct injection engine. It's listed as a new "k series" but it's not remotely similar to the k series in any way shape or form. For starters, besides the direct injection, these new engines are mounts BACKWARDS compared to the old k series. basically intake manifold in back, exhaust up front. I think the only thing these engines share with the old k series is probably stroke and bore.
I said "similar" - it's still a K-series 2.4 - direct injection (like I said) and while LESS HP, MORE torque - and even while about 350 lbs HEAVIER the SPORT Model still posts "similar" Performance Stats to the 2012 Si - similar MFRP - with ........ NO Rev Hang on the 6-spd Manual. THAT is my POINT - not engine exact similarities.................

·
Registered
908 Posts
the rev hang is related to the injector settings for the k24z7.

Considering direct injection can't have the same tendencies, that's why it doesn't have rev hang.

Not arguing that they aren't the least bit similar, but when you add that the engine is direct injection and reverse mounted compared to the k24z7... those are REALLY BIG differences.

The tendency of a direct injection engine to have less horsepower and more torque is common. Torque and torque curves are the main focus of a direct injection engine along with fuel economy.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
so how much money did you lose after trading in your pos si?? I know for the fact after you drive off that lot 5k when down the drain.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Boo this man! Haha JKS :)

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
so how much money did you lose after trading in your pos si?? I know for the fact after you drive off that lot 5k when down the drain.
You know I think you might consider changing your screen-name to a very similar pronunciation......I never said I was trading my Si off - read my post - I said I was going to take a Test Drive in a 2013 Accord Sport w/6-spd Manual to check out how it performed with the Direct Injected 2.4 - and then "go from there"......what ARE you smoking??!!!!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
You know I think you might consider changing your name to a very similar pronunciation......I never said I was trading my Si off - read my post - I said I was going to take a Test Drive in a 2013 Accord Sport w/6-spd Manual to check out how it performed with the Direct Injected 2.4 - what are you smoking??!!!!
crack,want some???

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
back on topic kids...

I heard the new "k" series don't have vtec... can anyone confirm??
You can understand HOW this guy gets "off topic" when you look at his Screen Name.........the new Direct Injected 2.4 K-series "Earthdreams" engine in the 2013 Accord IS - in fact - a VTEC.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Pirate ship Capt aren't afraid of losing a little money from being upside-down on a car note...they have endless chests full of gold.

Best of luck with your decision!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are you sure you aren't pushing the clutch in just before letting off the throttle, because if that happens you're going to see it creep up a bit. Regardless of that, rev-hang is absolutely unnecessary and annoying, so I don't blame you. I've only got 200 miles on mine now and it's getting tolerable but still blows my mind they ship the car like that.

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I guess mine didn't come with the Rev Hang option, because I don't notice it at all.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Are you sure you aren't pushing the clutch in just before letting off the throttle, because if that happens you're going to see it creep up a bit. Regardless of that, rev-hang is absolutely unnecessary and annoying, so I don't blame you. I've only got 200 miles on mine now and it's getting tolerable but still blows my mind they ship the car like that.

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I'm absolutely sure that I'm not pushing IN the clutch before I let OFF on the gas.............what it feels like (and this IS what Rev Hang is about I guess) is that when I let OFF on the gas pedal before pushing IN on the clutch is that there's a programmed split-second delay in the actual Intake Throttle closing which gives the exact same result as an inexperienced shifter pushing the clutch IN BEFORE they let OFF on the gas pedal.....and this is erractic and seems to be programmed into Engine Temp or Engine Load at the time. And some guys are now saying they have NO Rev Hang - I'm beginning to wonder IF Honda isn't fiddling with the ECU Programming to "fix" it on currently-built cars, but does not want to advertise it because of the cost of "fixing" it on previously built models........

21 - 40 of 75 Posts