9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions regarding the stock 360W "premium" sound specs on the 2012 Si Coupe?

First off, I love my new Si! The sound is quite good on a stock system, but the 8" subwoofer is pathetic! Okay... now for the questions. I hope they are not too much?

1. Maker of the head unit, speakers, subwoofer.
  2. Wattage output to speakers including the subwoofer (40w x4 to speakers & 200w x1 to sub or maybe 50w x4 to speakers & 160w x1 to sub?) I realize this is peak wattage and not RMS.
  3. What do you think the RMS is to all speakers? I have read you can ballpark using a digital multimeter by measuring the voltage at the speaker terminals, then multiple volts to the second power and finally divide your answer by resistance (probably 4 ohms).
  4. Amp location, is there 2 or only 1? (I have heard there is only one and its under the drivers side dash).
  5. How can I improve the stock 8" subwoofer. I found a pretty ingenious idea on the 8thcivic.com forum titled, "Stock Sub Box Construction" under the DIY, audio section. It gets great reviews by the few that did it.
  6. What are your thoughts on the above link idea & how big should the homemade box be .3cu/ft., .5cu/ft., etc.
  7. I have also discovered the "Sound Ordnance B-8PT" thanks to Crutchfield's excellent customer service. What do you think about this idea? It should fit under the driver's seat.
I realize the best way to do all this is to replace the OEM system with aftermarket components, but I am done with those types of mods, plus I like the stock look, features and cleanliness.

:) Thank you in advance for your thoughts, ideas and help. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with you about the sub. It provides a nice, rounded tone, but my god this system is wayyy too treble-y. Anything more than 50% and my ears are bleeding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts