9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car started to miss slightly at 1500 rpm’s but only under slight load at steady speed. Replace the spark plugs No change. Put new upstream O2 sensor and it might be better but it is still exhibiting this issue. Car is 190,000 miles on it mostly expressway and is always driven well. This is the 1.8 L. Any ideas I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey O.P....this sounds like a coil pack issue to me. You may get multiple engine codes but look for specific codes saying "misfire", "ignition", cylinder location, and etc. You may also get some pretty weird and unrelated dash lights as well (ex: eps, vsa, tpms) for reasons unexplained. I just fixed a misfire issue with my wife's '08 Odyssey which exhibited some of the above. I changed the coil packs first which helped but didn't fix the check engine light coming on. I changed both of the upstream O2 sensors for banks 1 and 2 which ultimately fixed the misfire issue. I happened to stumble across a big split/crack in the hose coming from the air filter box going to the intake...I'm sure it didn't help matters much because it allowed air intake past the mass airflow sensor...a little bit of electrical tape wrap fixed it temporarily. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check the intake hose between the sensor and throttle body. Like kayakfish77 stated they are known to crack. There is a post about it on here. I would check that first then go into the coils if it's all good.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,195 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts