9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in to the dealer tonight for some service and I checked out the new Accord. It's a nice machine. I noticed on the sticker that it said the I-Mid is text and EMail capable. I wonder if there will be an update for the 2012 vehicles, ours in particular of course to do the same. Has anyone heard anything about that? I asked the salesman and he said they are completely different systems, but I'm not always confident in what they say.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was in to the dealer tonight for some service and I checked out the new Accord. It's a nice machine. I noticed on the sticker that it said the I-Mid is text and EMail capable. I wonder if there will be an update for the 2012 vehicles, ours in particular of course to do the same. Has anyone heard anything about that? I asked the salesman and he said they are completely different systems, but I'm not always confident in what they say.
From what I know about the iMid, the systems are the same. And this is comparing to the new CRV as well. Difference is the accessories that its connected to and the software that is installed. Like LX doesnt have blue tooth because it doesnt have the bluetooth accessories and software installation. Or the reverse camera, we got the accessory installed and some of the camera feature is installed but not all of it like the angle change.

So to some it up, same system, different software and accessory.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I do believe we deserve an upgrade. It can't be that hard to update the program. It looks as though our car iMids can handle more, since some of our options are grayed out. For example... "More Speed Dial Numbers."

Everyone from the forum needs to contact honda about this and maybe they will do it for us. I would guess that it would only take a few minutes to do.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I know about the iMid, the systems are the same. And this is comparing to the new CRV as well. Difference is the accessories that its connected to and the software that is installed. Like LX doesnt have blue tooth because it doesnt have the bluetooth accessories and software installation. Or the reverse camera, we got the accessory installed and some of the camera feature is installed but not all of it like the angle change.

So to some it up, same system, different software and accessory.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I'm thinking they could update the software, so it would just be the different accessories that would have to be installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts