9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It looks really good...a little too flashy for me though but really nice still. Kinda looks like the 9th coupe but wider front end. The body shape from the side is almost the same! Diggin it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It does look cool...it reminds me of certain. Black series Mercedes-Benz...
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a little bit creepy. The whole "it's your facebook friends birthday, here, go buy them some cake." weirds me out a little.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Pandora, XM, whatever, but I agree with tyarmy...WTF?

Kinda sounds like they're upgrading the navi system to something live other cars to make the navi system 21st centry.

I'll stick to my iPhone with the Pandora, iHeart, TuneIn, and iPod music plugged into USB or over BT TVM. Reading a book to me...as if I need extra help to sleep in traffic at the end of my day...

Reactions: toyarmy

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
I don't like how the front looks like the back. And whoever has been designing Honda's wheels lately needs a kick to the throat. Seriously. Stop looking at the advertisements in lowrider magazine for inspiration. It's not working.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If the new civic has direct injection as well, we can pretty much kiss a whole lot of mod options goodbye. At least for our engines. If that's the case, we will probably have one or two lore mods come out for our car and after that will be all custom mods...very frustrating. Really hope it doesn't hit the civic until the next refresh

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm not feeling the 2013 Accord. Imo it looks gaudy. i really like the 2012 tho I think it has much cleaner lines.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What's strange for me is that when the 2008 redesign started hitting the roads, I swore that it was THE ugliest car I had ever seen. I got used to them and softened my view on the looks. I had a 2009 LX rental car for a week and liked driving it.

Then with the 2011 update, I couldn't believe how much better they looked to me. I mean, all they really changed was the wheels, grille, and a couple of creases, but to me it became a whole different car. A coworker has a 2011 EX manual trans in CBP and when it's all clean and shiny, it looks like it could be an Acura or something.

I was heavily considering a new v6 EX sedan or even an EX 4cyl manual trans coupe or sedan like my coworker along with the Civic Si.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
492 Posts

Calling it "the most sculpted Accord" ever, Honda has revealed the first official images of its 9th generation mid-size sedan.

In a way it carries over the traditional Accord styling we have seen over the decades, but at the same time, ushers in a modern era that clearly sets it apart from its predecessor.

The 2013 Accord offers increased passenger and cargo space compared to the previous generation, while the overall length has been noticeably shortened - offering a sportier driving experience. While not very many details have been revealed, Honda did mention the LED daytime running lights, headlights, and taillights, hinting at the technology and luxury that will be available on the next-generation Accord.

"This car is the most sculpted and the most dynamic Accord yet," said Vicki Poponi, assistant vice president of product planning for American Honda. "Following Honda’s long-held philosophy of ‘man maximum, machine minimum,’ the beautiful exterior evolved from a focus on interior space and the needs of the people inside it."

As for powertrains, the new Accord will be the first model to receive the brand's new Earth Dreams engines, with a base 2.4-liter 4-cylinder and a larger 3.5-liter V6, both featuring direct injection. With manual transmissions available for both, the V6 will get a 6-speed automatic while the 4-cylinder will receive a CVT.

In addition, Honda will bring to market a plug-in hybrid Accord, with up to 15 miles of emissions free driving and a charge time of just 1.5 hours.

The 2013 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan will be heading to dealerships this fall, so we can expect more details as it nears its release.
See more 2013 Honda Accord photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
492 Posts
2013 Honda Accord Full Specs, Photos

The first model to utilize Honda’s new Earth Dreams engine technologies, the redesigned 2013 Accord gets a long list of upgrades and a big bump in fuel economy.

A long selection of engine and transmission options is available for 2013, not to mention a choice of two body styles and an available plug-in hybrid. The new 2.4-liter 4-cylinder adds direct-injection and makes 185 hp and 6400 rpm and 181 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm and can be mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or an all-new CVT automatic. Fuel economy is rated at 27 mpg city, matching the segment-leading Altima, while highway mileage falls just short at 36 mpg. A combined, or average, fuel economy rating is 30-mpg, one mpg short of the Altima.

An all-new 3.5-liter V6 engine for the first time combines Honda’s i-VTEC technology and cylinder deactivation, delivering a total of 278-hp at 6200 rpm and 252 lb-ft of torque at 4900 rpm. Available exclusively with a six-speed automatic in the sedan, in the Accord Coupe, the V6 engine can be paired with a six-speed manual. Fuel economy for the V6 is up, to 21 mpg city and 34 mpg highway for a combined 25 mpg, tying the other segment leaders, though all are behind some of the turbocharged 4-cylinder models currently on offer.

A third engine option, a plug-in hybrid, will mark the first use of the technology for Honda and signal a shift away from the brand’s long outdated Integrated Motor Assist hybrid system. Combining a lithium-ion battery pack, electric motor and 2.0-liter 4-cylinder, total system output is rated at 196-hp and 226 lb-ft of torque with an electric-only range of 10 to 15 miles. One innovative feature of the system is that it allows the driver the option of choosing when to use the electric only portion.

In the styling department the new Accord has received a subtle update with a slightly more dramatic flat-fronted chrome grille and a chrome lower front splitter. Further helping to add some premium style to the new Accord are standard 16-inch aluminum wheels and chrome door handles. Out back a new taillight design is oddly reminiscent of the Hyundai Genesis sedan.

Perhaps the biggest change to the overall look of the Accord is its smaller size, with a one-inch shorter wheelbase and the car 3.6-inches shorter in length overall. Despite the change in size, Honda has managed to keep interior room the same while increasing trunk space slightly.
Read the complete story and see more 2013 Honda Accord Photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
382 Posts
This Accord is going to sell like crazy! #pumped

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
The sedan looks great in the pictures too. I bet it appeals to a lot more people than the '08-'12 did. I hate CVTs but if I were buying the sedan I'd get the v6 anyhow.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.