·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved for future information on other models.

Have at it guys...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Did they change the XM radio accessory? As in '12, you get XM capability with Navi. The build pages feature an XM accessory for if you don't have Navi, but no real description of it. I'm looking to see if they left the stupid black brick stick on windshield antenna as in the '12 version.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok so let's all ask ourselves this question: now that the interior has been improved, how ****** are we in terms of residual value down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ok so let's all asked ourselves this question: now that the interior has been improved, how ****** are we in terms of residual value down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
I was thinking the same thing. I have no intentions to trade in and couldnt care less, but down the road who would want to buy a '12 when the '13s interior is that nice and at the same price...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at a exl with navi here at my workplace (Honda dealership) looks sharp. We got it today the black film on the windshield is the same.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the 2013 Civic got longer and heavier and that the difference in length and weight has shrunk from 2012 to 2013 between the Civic and the Accord?
2012 Civic LX Auto Transmission is 2,705 pounds 2013 Civic Auto Transmission is 2,815 (+110 LBS)

2012 Accord is 574 pounds heavier than the 2012 Civic and 17.6 inches longer
2013 Accord is 439 pounds heavier than the 2013 Civic and the 2013 Accord is exactly 1 foot (12 inches) longer
So the difference in weight and length between an Accord and Civic shrank substantially from 2012 to 2013. The 13 Civic is 110 pounds heavier and 2.1 inches longer than the 2012 and the 2013 Accord is 3.5 inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter than the 2012. So the Accord shrank a little and the Civic grew a little. All my comparison weights are between LX Automatic Transmission/CVT models.

I wonder if the extra 110 pounds on the new civic will affect fuel economy at all and acceleration. With the same engine with 140 HP 128 Torque and a 110 pound heavier car, is it fair to assume the 39/28 MPG numbers would be more difficult to attain? Also the engine looks different on the 2013 compared to the 2012. The 2013 looks much more like the 2011 look. Here is the 2012 Engine 2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Features Details - 140-hp, 1.8-liter, 16-valve, SOHC i-VTEC<sup>®</sup> Engine
Here is the 2013 2013 Honda Civic Sedan - Performance - Official Honda Website
The 2013 has patch like coverings over each cylinder. Does that help reduce noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
And yeah xm is there still. Pandora internet radio interface like the new accord.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
Regarding resale value, l wouldn't worry too much. SHort term, maybe, but after 4-5 years, so what?

For example, the 2001 interior was ciriticized, so the 2002 got some changes. Now, no one cares and wants a 'good used Civic' and won't nit pick about it. And, do buyers really say "I want a 2009 versus a 2008 since they added chrome."?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
And yeah xm is there still. Pandora internet radio interface like the new accord.
Thanks, I was afraid of that. I'd been hoping they'd fix that issue. All I have to do is buy an iPod. In the long run, it'll be cheaper than an XM subscription.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Also the engine looks different on the 2013 compared to the 2012.
Same engine, different cam covers. The spark plug coils on the '13 are exposed now. That's those square looking things you see. Notice the orange dipstick in both pictures.

I'd bet some of the extra weight is in the interior materials. There may be some extra sound deading stuff included also.

The brakes are bigger as are the sway bars. That adds a couple of pounds too. And don't forget all of the new chrome trim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BlueRibbon said "
All civics get Si sized stabi bars along with upgraded springs, shocks, and bigger brakes."

Anyone know if the redesigned SI's get any suspension upgrades, or are these upgraded springs and shocks "less sporty-tuned" than the SI's?

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I'm alright with the changes. Surprised all they changed on the I-Mid was to add the back up camera (unnecessary IMO). Less noise is the only thing that got my attention and the stiffer handling. Oh well. Still happy. Going to call Honda and ask if there's anything for us (maybe a credit to make a change to our cars) considering that these refresh changes were unprecedented (and in a way admit a problem) and could potentially damage our resale value. If they get a lot of complaint calls they might send us a little quiet down credit cheque so we could get 1 or 2 of these mods done. Not much chance of this happening, but worth a shot.

Want to join me and give it a try? Feel free.....

In Canada: 1-888-946-6329
Ext. #3 - Then Ext. #1 - Finally Ext. #2

For our American friends:
1-800-999-1009

You will need your VIN number handy.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Paul99to17,

Let us know how you make out with that. I may do the same thing. I am very interested to see if they will give us a free i-Mid update or for a nominal fee allow us to upgrade to the new i-Mid. I'm sure its mostly software changes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On the nuts and bolts side, Honda says the 2013 Civic's steering ratio is 7 percent quicker. Both the front and rear anti-roll stabilizer bars are thicker, and new bushings were utilized throughout the suspension in an effort to reduce friction and improve overall ride quality. In addition, there's a thicker windshield, stiffer wheels, and additional sound-deadening materials in the doors, floor panels, and dash, all designed to help quell the infamous loud Honda syndrome and which also results in 50lb weight increase but Fuel Averages remain the same.

Here is a very good article and a comprehensive graphical comparison of the car. Have a look

2013 Honda Civic Quick Drive - Motor Trend

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Has anyone noticed that the 2013 Civic got longer and heavier and that the difference in length and weight has shrunk from 2012 to 2013 between the Civic and the Accord?
2012 Civic LX Auto Transmission is 2,705 pounds 2013 Civic Auto Transmission is 2,815 (+110 LBS)

2012 Accord is 574 pounds heavier than the 2012 Civic and 17.6 inches longer
2013 Accord is 439 pounds heavier than the 2013 Civic and the 2013 Accord is exactly 1 foot (12 inches) longer
So the difference in weight and length between an Accord and Civic shrank substantially from 2012 to 2013. The 13 Civic is 110 pounds heavier and 2.1 inches longer than the 2012 and the 2013 Accord is 3.5 inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter than the 2012. So the Accord shrank a little and the Civic grew a little. All my comparison weights are between LX Automatic Transmission/CVT models.

I wonder if the extra 110 pounds on the new civic will affect fuel economy at all and acceleration. With the same engine with 140 HP 128 Torque and a 110 pound heavier car, is it fair to assume the 39/28 MPG numbers would be more difficult to attain? Also the engine looks different on the 2013 compared to the 2012. The 2013 looks much more like the 2011 look. Here is the 2012 Engine 2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Features Details - 140-hp, 1.8-liter, 16-valve, SOHC i-VTEC<sup>®</sup> Engine
Here is the 2013 2013 Honda Civic Sedan - Performance - Official Honda Website
The 2013 has patch like coverings over each cylinder. Does that help reduce noise?
I think what you're talking about is the back of the coil on the spark plug. The 2012 cover blocked your sight of those.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts

My judgement had been clouded by the fact that my lx has always looked like an si...i must say these look nicer than a stock 2012 lx...but not nicer than a stock 2012 si.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 440 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.