9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to the forum so im not quite sure if im posting in the right spot but i was wondering if their was a short ram intake on the market right now for my 2013 honda civic ex sedan. Also if you know little ways to add a bit more horsepower that would be great too Thanks

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Believe it or not there's still not much available for the non-Si performance wise, intakes included. Some users have been able to use 8th gen SRIs, however they're not a direct fit. ART makes a SRI for the non-Si 9th gens and is currently on the market. aFe will be releasing their SRI shortly, however it doesn't have the typical look of a SRI.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Nothing that can be bolted on, cheaply, is going to give you the "seat of the pants" rush you are seeking.
Just need to accept the car for what it is and save the money for things that really count.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New to site! 2013 civic ex sedan Avg. MPG and intake?

Hey so like the titles says i am new to this site and new to forums in general so hopefully i will be able to find help from you guys! A little about me i drive a 2013 honda civic sedan ex and dont know a whole lot about cars but i would like to make a few mods on my car. So far i have added mudguards, kickplates, the factory wing, and HIDs.
I want to know what your Average MPG for your civic. i only get about 30.5 and also when will cold air intakes come out for the 2013 models? or does the 2012 one fit on the 13 as well?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome. Good start with some mods. Cold air intakes are already out for the 9th gen r18s. My MPG average is at 36 right now that I'm tracking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
61 Posts
im canadian so mines at 7.9L/100kms, too lazy for conversion. but welcome budd.

Reactions: Philsou2326

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow 36? is your eco button on? on the highway more?
the intakes i have looked at only says 2012 so im not sure if i should buy it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nope no eco, i find it potentially gives off a placebo affect, ( ouh green button mean i saves teh gas yo!) it has less balls than anything in econ mode, and i dont pin it everywhere i go, have no need to. in the 60km/h zones and such I generally cruise in 5th, because i can.

·
Registered
201 Posts
wow 36? is your eco button on? on the highway more?
the intakes i have looked at only says 2012 so im not sure if i should buy it
Nope no Econ, Mostly country highways. I just installed the Injen intake the other day. Check out my car garage to see it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have had my 9th gen for a long time, the first one on the forums to purchase one.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome!!! I get 26 city, 34 hwy for my si.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nope no Econ, Mostly country highways. I just installed the Injen intake the other day. Check out my car garage to see it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have had my 9th gen for a long time, the first one on the forums to purchase one.
you're not Si eh?

any way you can point me toward exhaust, i cant seem to find piss all, sorry to op for thread jacking :$

·
Registered
201 Posts
you're not Si eh?

any way you can point me toward exhaust, i cant seem to find piss all, sorry to op for thread jacking :$
Nope I have a Ex-L. I just got a 9th gen Si muffler installed, I wasn't looking for anything loud. It had to be cut and welded on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Hey so like the titles says i am new to this site and new to forums in general so hopefully i will be able to find help from you guys! A little about me i drive a 2013 honda civic sedan ex and dont know a whole lot about cars but i would like to make a few mods on my car. So far i have added mudguards, kickplates, the factory wing, and HIDs.
I want to know what your Average MPG for your civic. i only get about 30.5 and also when will cold air intakes come out for the 2013 models? or does the 2012 one fit on the 13 as well?
Hello and welcome to 9th gen.
There is a search field top right of the page has google faintly written in it, but it's to search the forum. You should find feedback to a lot of your questions there or at least that's regarding the topics you're interested in that you can jump in.

It makes the forum more structured and navigable to hop into a thread regarding your topics / questions instead of starting a new thread with the same topic or questions, it makes the info harder to find.

This is not to discourage from starting a new thread, you're as much a part of this forum as any of us, look first, if you don't find anything, start a new thread... and if some guy named "Skrub" starts whining at you just shrug it off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2012 injen Cold air intake on a 2013????

Hey so i been looking at Cold air intakes recently and i want to get one from Injen. They have one for the 2012 Civics but not one for the 2013. I was wondering if the intake will fit on the 2013 as well? (Non-si)
I have heard that it will fit but also that it won't. Help please?

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Hey Phil, have a look at this, an overview of the Forum and sub-forums http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/

Notice you have posted 3 times in the New Member Intro forum.

Ill move your posts and merge, but please attemp to post in the correct forum...Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts