9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66,000 mile used 2013 LX Civic has a weird Hiccup/ stumble issue. It's only really when i slow down and it just hesitates for a sec.

I went from a 2003 GTi to this and maybe i'm not used to fly by wire but it just doesn't seem right.

I'm not to sure of the maintenance history but I had a pre-purchase inspection and everything checked out. I do see some small cracks in the air intake hose but its not all the way thru.

Maybe a transmission fluid/ filter change?

Not sure where to start, perhaps the hose first.

Also no codes popped up and I replaced the drive belt.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

If you don't know the service history of the car, a trans fluid change is a good idea, as it should be done about every 30k miles, and tbh, most people (read: non-enthusiasts) don't bother or even think of it.

That would be the first thing I would do before mucking about with anything else, even that hose, because I like to do things one at a time to see what causes what.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to 9th gen.

If you don't know the service history of the car, a trans fluid change is a good idea, as it should be done about every 30k miles, and tbh, most people (read: non-enthusiasts) don't bother or even think of it.

That would be the first thing I would do before mucking about with anything else, even that hose, because I like to do things one at a time to see what causes what.
That makes total sense. I already got the estimate, I just needed a solid anwser to pull the trigger on doing it. It's not the first i'm hearing this could solve the problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes total sense. I already got the estimate, I just needed a solid anwser to pull the trigger on doing it. It's not the first i'm hearing this could solve the problem. Thanks!
They did check the trans fluid, said it was fine but I guess it wouldn't hurt seeing I don't know the history.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
I haven't bought a used car in a while, but when I do I change all fluids, regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts