9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I grabbed a few photos of the 2013 SI in RR at an auto show today and thought I'd share. I hadn't seen a 2013 SI on the dealer lot yet, so this was the first in person look I'd had. It looks more like the 2012 than the original rendering shots did. I thought from the release photos the taillights were going to drastically change, but it looks like just the rear spoiler changed on the back end. Everything under the hood looks the same, so the performance parts should keep coming for the 9th.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking now side by side with my '12, it looks the same. I guess I just thought it was smaller at the show.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
The changes were all on the Sedan version. The Coupe was supposed to get interior changes only.

Reactions: AlienPrime

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I noticed the carbon fiber trim as well. Could be an easy swap if they are the exact dimensions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be most interested in swapping the hard plastics in the dash with the 2013's soft. Otherwise its identical with a slightly uglier spoiler..

Sent from da Nexus 7

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd be most interested in swapping the hard plastics in the dash with the 2013's soft. Otherwise its identical with a slightly uglier spoiler..

Sent from da Nexus 7
A dashboard change would be really expensive. I have previously browsed the Collegehills Honda parts website to look at what parts are different and changed on the 2013. One of the major structural parts is over $500. You would then also have to purchase all of the other trim pieces that attach to that major part. Maybe down the line when a 2013 Civic is totaled could we then pillage the parts for a more reasonable fee. I do think think the new interior is nice. However I honestly care more about the new technology features and suspension changes that they did to the 2013 model than the appearance of the dashboard and the interior. In the end it would have cost over $6000 more to purchase a 2013 instead of the 2012 with its clearance price difference and the higher interest on the loan. It just wasn't worth it financially. I was more looking to purchase a new car for its reliability and warranty.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There are three (iirc) major pieces to our dash, fairly simply shaped. It would be a simple vinyl wrap job for anyone if you wanted the purdy CF - and for the record, good CF vinyl (3m Di-noc) looks much better than this civic 'pattern'

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not a big fan of chrome on the dash. The 2013 dash has too many chrome bits.

·
Registered
50 Posts
People "upgrading" from a 2012 to a 2013 for those "changes" are out of their minds in my opinion. That car looks 99% the same as mine. The "carbon fiber" dash pieces... thats hardly something im going to drool over. Its not even real, as 716 said you could very easily get your dash wrapped in any pattern you want and find a better carbon fiber pattern too.

If magazines go nuts and give this high praise i may die with laughter. Not because its a bad car or because it deserves bad reviews, but they basically gave the same car bad reviews last year so i really dont see how this model can get positive reviews with such little differences.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
like phil2cool said, the dash is very different, both in structure and in trimming. The AC/heat controls are now flush with the radio. This isn't the case in the 2012. I agree with Oje, especially after seeing the 2013, I wouldn't trade up for the minor differences. The carbon in person you could tell was fake. It looked fake. I'd rather see brushed aluminum and black plastic that looks solid than plastic trying to masquerade as a nicer material.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts