9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
The Si handles more like a BRZ than a WRX, that's the main reason why cross shopping the Si and WRX is like picking between cereal and steak... You're usually in the mood for only one. Your first test drives should solve that one. Plus the WRX is due for a massive redesign so I wouldn't go for the old model. And I'm not a fan of the boxer engine and Subaru's typically high road noise cabins.
Si handles more like the brz??? What??? FF vs FR are totally different.

Either way, either car is good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Close enough on HP, steering and feel as a DD, don't get too much into it ok? I had a BRZ for 1K miles before my Si, it's more alike than a WRX. The point is a WRX is far and away different...

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Close enough on HP, steering and feel as a DD, don't get too much into it ok? I had a BRZ for 1K miles before my Si, it's more alike than a WRX. The point is a WRX is far and away different...
Even if you did have it for 1K miles, FF, FR, 4WD are all different in handling. Different in stock form and different with aftermarket support. Stock, our 9th gen sits too high, lots of body roll, shocks/struts/springs are soft as well. And this is just the basic. But you can't go wrong with either car.

·
Depends....cause sometimes i leak!!
256 Posts
Even if you did have it for 1K miles, FF, FR, 4WD are all different in handling. Different in stock form and different with aftermarket support. Stock, our 9th gen sits too high, lots of body roll, shocks/struts/springs are soft as well. And this is just the basic. But you can't go wrong with either car.
I'm a have to agree with T-virus on this one. They're nothing alike. Both are great cars though. You pretty much answered your own question when you posted this thread. When your ready for more power just build & upgrade. The 13' Si's a reliable, decent car that's better on gas. I'd personally get the Sedan though. Coupes look like the 12's. That's my :2cents:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not saying they are exactly alike, just more alike than a WRX. The Si and BRZ seem to be after the same budget nimble modestly fast driving orientated experience, abit go about it different ways. FWD vs RWD being the biggest. And I agree that the stock BRZ suspension balance is better. But they are both of similar weight, power, naturally aspirated, high revving, steering, MPG, shifters, etc. Despite the drive train difference, and a suspension that needs upgrading to match the BRZs, stock for stock my exuberant drives to work feels largely the same in an overall feel, if not an exact drive train feel. Note I didn't say my day at the track. Part of that is clearly that 200 HP just isn't enough for RWD to really show off just how much fun it can be. Where as the WRX is a different beast in feel entirely. It's a fast turbocharged AWD rally car that feels nothing like the first two, from what I've read. AWD is not RWD, both are not FWD, I get it. But that's not the only thing to consider or I'd still be in a BRZ. The engine, utility, cabin noise, and interior in the 2013 Si Sedan is so much better it isn't even funny. I miss the BRZ stereo though. That was a touch better. And the seats were a touch better in the BRZ. So for me my Si with a stereo, suspension, and seat upgrade is a better car for sure. And all that upgrading is still better than that boxer engine with that annoying engine chirp defect. I don't like Subaru anymore, but clearly the BRZ is a more natural competitor to the Si than a WRX in overall driving feel. Note that's not the same as saying the Si is a natural competitor to the BRZ. Without the WRX part of the three piece comparison, the statement I am making loses its meaning. You guys changed my 3-way comparison into a 2-way :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Same here. I was all jelly of the Focus ST and MK7 GTI, but then I remembered I could supercharge my car with a pro and prolly still get a longer life than those options. And the sedan is not that far behind on the hatch utility. Well not as bad as the coupe anyway.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,081 Posts
Talk of comparisons between our cars and others are viable threads and have a place here. We don't live in a bubble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about these same cars for the best couple of weeks and its ironic that were in the same region of the country. Im leaning more towards the si as well because financially its a wiser choice.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hopefully you realize you are asking a bunch of Honda owners if you should get an Si or a WRX. This is a Honda Civic forum, after all.

I recommend you drive them both, and then decide which better fits your budget and is worth the money. Also, with an Si you can get FlashPro and a tune which will make the car much more aggressive - take this into consideration as well.

Personally, I would not buy a regular WRX over an Si. I would however consider purchasing an STi over an Si, if the dealer would be willing to bargain. But at nearly $40,000 for an STi, that's insane... I can get a much nicer vehicle for that amount of money. That's also a couple years at my university (tuition and housing).

·
Registered
279 Posts
The wrx is turbo 262hp n awd>si fwd 201hp however the si tranny n clutch is so smooth n perfect for a first time manual owner

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
The wrx is turbo 262hp n awd>si fwd 201hp however the si tranny n clutch is so smooth n perfect for a first time manual owner

realistically its about 3200 lbs @ 205 whp at about 30k$ vs 2900 lbs @ 175 whp at 22k$

Add 1800$ of parts wrx=225 whp
add 1200$ of parts si=225 whp

Total wrx 32000$
Total si 23500$
winner? You decide

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
N I don't get how u figure only 1200 flashpro 600, prl cai bat reloc n rbc 1100, dp exhaust at least 900

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you only could choose one car, I'd get the WRX in your case. Great results with just an ECU flash and AWD for the snow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh and I looked it up a stock 2012 wrx is 224ish whp so that 205 quote earlier was way low lol...

21 - 40 of 49 Posts