9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
N I don't get how u figure only 1200 flashpro 600, prl cai bat reloc n rbc 1100, dp exhaust at least 900

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Very simple unless you plan on buying off the shelf everything its over 2 gs but most are smarter.
And you don't need a bat relocater if you switch to a GC.
You don't need an aftermarket Cai,you can modify and run a higher flow intake filter.
900 for dp and exhaust?ouch definitely off the shelf on the exhaust.
The rbc used about 150,new about 200.
So yeah the 1200 is a good figure.
I've yet to run across a road hazard situation where I needed awd.
I've been in a foot of snow,I've been to the sand dunes,I've been through 6 inch puddles,I mean realisticly the world survived way before awd and 4wd.not a necessity and much more stuff to break and more maintenance.
So take it with a grain of salt.but lets measure apples to apple's what's with everyone trying to compare unequal cars?

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Even if u custom made a cai and exhaust and bought a used rbc and the prl adapter ud still need flashpro which would be hard pressed to find below 600 so there's noway with all bolt ons and a tune would only equal another 600

·
Registered
279 Posts
Most ppl above 225whp had the zdx tb and rdx injectors also which would be another 3-400

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
I don't think your getting it dollar for dollar side by side when it comes to base vs a couple of bolt ons the price will show in longevity which is which that doesn't mean people won't buy the other.
Because as most they feel as if they absolutely need awd and then wonder why they have to fill there tank everyday.so we could sit here alllllll day and argue but the funny thing is never said those were exact numbers.
Its just a ballpark estimate to get what vs what dollar for dollar.
Everyone will make their own choice but still time and time again to compare a boosted awd to NA fwd is stupid not even the same class but to compare a higher car to a lower car and to be able to make the lower car just as good of not better over the entire spectrum of longevity vs 1 thing is dumb.
Its like comparing a gas truck vs a diesel? I mean really there's zero comparison but people will still try.

·
Registered
279 Posts
May not be in the same class but the wrx only being $3000 more msrp than the si they're in the same price range. And we're comparing them because the op is considering buying 1 and wanted some opinions.. I'm wasnt trying to argue just wanted to clear up false information so the op didn't take what you said as fact when it clearly isn't.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
May not be in the same class but the wrx only being $3000 more msrp than the si they're in the same price range. And we're comparing them because the op is considering buying 1 and wanted some opinions.. I'm wasnt trying to argue just wanted to clear up false information so the op didn't take what you said as fact when it clearly isn't.

If you say so you seem like a numbers guy and what's printed ill let you have this one

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was debating on these 2 cars as well..but the numbers didnt add up right..they wanted 3k down and 325 a month for a base wrx and my SI was 1800 down and 234 a month...NO brainer..i tooked the SI and love it! And im talkin bout a 3 yr lease by the way. SI clutch, gearbox and gas mileage is much better too.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts