9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I installed mugen gp wheels on my 13 and have a horrible noise that sounds like a wheel bearing noise , I'm changing the tires but I will update if it ends up being the bearing , the offset on these are 48 compared to 45 stock , car is also lowered on ksport s with eibach anti roll kit

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I installed mugen gp wheels on my 13 and have a horrible noise that sounds like a wheel bearing noise , I'm changing the tires but I will update if it ends up being the bearing , the offset on these are 48 compared to 45 stock , car is also lowered on ksport s with eibach anti roll kit
Your offset should not be an issue.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Hey STIN, with your car lowered that low and your camber like that, I bet that is why your having problems, IMHO:)
Agreed.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Anyone have issues with rear hub bearings on 2013 si?
Welcome back stranger! Your pretty low,there has been talk of people that are hellaflush having problems a lot in here lately,you may be experiencing the sake things.having a visual inspection done will probably show the problem,you might have to come up a little.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
What size are the wheels and whats the aspect ratio of the tires?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think i have a rear hub issue as well. Sounds like a wheel bearing on the RR. My 2012 civic had really bad camber on the rear. I believe the RR had about 2.9 degrees of negative camber and the LR had 1.9 degrees of negative camber. This vehicle has never been lowered and it had the factory rear camber arms when i performed the alignment initially. I replaced the rear camber arms with some SPC arms and found that when i make right turns at highway speeds, there is a rumbling sound coming from the RR.

Does anyone know if this is covered by power train warranty? Or am i on my own to address this new issue?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I think i have a rear hub issue as well. Sounds like a wheel bearing on the RR. My 2012 civic had really bad camber on the rear. I believe the RR had about 2.9 degrees of negative camber and the LR had 1.9 degrees of negative camber. This vehicle has never been lowered and it had the factory rear camber arms when i performed the alignment initially. I replaced the rear camber arms with some SPC arms and found that when i make right turns at highway speeds, there is a rumbling sound coming from the RR.

Does anyone know if this is covered by power train warranty? Or am i on my own to address this new issue?
Maybe, if the car did not have SPC replacement parts.
However, with the rear camber readings you posted, your car was bent, as there is no camber adjustment. That would allow that much deviation from the nominal spec.
And, if for some reason the car was built that way, it would have never made it off the end of the assembly line.

USA and Canada models
Camber angle:
Except Si:
Front:0 ° 00 ’±30 ’
Rear:-0 ° 45 ’±45 ’
Si (Without 18 inch wheel):
Front:-0 ° 04 ’±30 ’
Rear:-0 ° 52 ’±45 ’
Si (With 18 inch wheel):
Front:-0 ° 18 ’±30 ’
Rear:-0 ° 46 ’±45 ’
(Maximum difference between the front right and left side: 0 ° 45 ’)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts