9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2013 Civic Si Sedan without Navi "premium audio" need info

16K views 28 replies 4 participants last post by  EffBee6fromthe209 
#1 ·
So I just bought this to ease the costs of getting 14mpg in my truck. I love the car. It's my first "sporty" car. I am HIGHLY disappointed with the audio specifically the sub. I had a hard time telling if the sub was on. I'm not a big bass head and don't want anything to rattle windshields and set off alarms. I just like some bass with my music and want it to be proportionate. I stopped by an audio store in Houston to get info on like replacing the 8in sub with a better one and power it with an amp and maybe replace the other OEM speakers. I just needed a little more bass with my music. The guy assumed I love thumping hard down the street and told me just replacing the deck sub and powering it won't sound good at all. He didnt even want to make a sale for some reason. I really don't want a box in my trunk taking up space so I wanted to see if any of you guys have replaced the OEM sub with a better one and powered it. How does it sound? I think I want to try and replace all OEM speakers and sub with better quality ones and power with an amp, keeping stock head unit for imid compatibility. If it doesn't sound that great I can use the existing wiring to put in like a 10" or something. There is not alot of info on the 2013 yet so I was wondering if you guys had any like sub compartment dimensions, compatible subs, good speakers, what I should do, etc. I really like trunk space with no box that's why I wanna replace everything firsts and amp the 8in sub. If it doesn't sound all that great then I'll put a box in later...hope alot of info gets put in this thread for the 2013 Si Sedan.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am really noob when it comes to car audio and I only know like the realllllllly simple basics. But I learned alot from the other thread. All that info...is it pertaining to the 2012 or 2013 si sedan...are the dimensions pretty much the same? I don't even know what baffle means...but I think I get what you are saying though...is that baffles are needed in order to have good sound. I would like to avoid putting a box in the trunk because I love having the most available trunk space. Also would you like me to reply stuff on the other thread or this one....

#4 ·
i have a 100w x2 (so probably 100rms bridged) kicker amp in my truck that ill probably move over to this if applicable...i just have no idea what mounting depth means and any of that. i was looking online at like Kicker 10C82 8in sub and pioneer TS-SW841D 8in sub...i think both are shallow mounts and im pretty sure thats what i need since its such a small space on the rear deck of the 2013 si sedan. the pioneer is like half off on amazon right now compared to crutchfield...i just dont know if any of these will fit or how to measure...because if any of these do fit id buy it in a heartbeat since they got pretty good reviews...again im not looking to set off car alarms...just a little more bass than the stock thing back there

#17 ·
yea i used to go to college about 30 mins from SATX but i graduated so now im back in the H...im just really curious about mounting that small box under the deck to where its not laying on the floor of the trunk, idk effbee seems like he knows what hes talking about way more than i do lol hopefully the audio shops here have the same vision as him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.