9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 civic si 4dr. I had the dealership do a 4 wheel alignment due to the car pulling to the left under light to moderate acceleration. The alignment did not fix the issue. I am wondering if this simply is just normal torque steer or could this be a problem. The car tracks straight down the road but as power is gradually added the car will drift off to the left.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

thanks!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sounds like you got something else going on. Mine doesn't pull under any acceleration. Same vehicle. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Doesn't sound normal. These cars have very little torque steer. The only time my car will pull under acceleration is if it's a poorly repaired road that forces your right and left tires onto different surfaces.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How many miles on your Si? I'm sure they would've checked for any play in suspension components, but you might ask the tech that did the alignment.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea, when my car was n/a, I had no torque steer at all. Check the suspension underneath the car.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only complaint with the stock LSD, is under power during a corner causing understeer with a healthy car. I've not read of any failures even at high HP levels. It's unlikely to be your LSD. I would start as stated with wheels/tires, and checking bushings. Has the car been wrecked before?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine did this when I bought it a few years ago. It came with some crappy all seasons on the stock wheels. I put some good tires on new aftermarket wheels and the problem was gone.
SO, it was either the crap tires, or they were not balanced correctly. A quick balance should not cost much, might help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
SO, it was either the crap tires, or they were not balanced correctly. A quick balance should not cost much, might help!
Balancing will not affect the steering of the vehicle. Balance is a dynamic function that helps distribute the weight evenly across the section of the wheel.

I would blame the tires first, driveshafts and ring gears second.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would start by rotating the front tires side to side. Plus give a quick visual check of the CV axles, make sure they're OEM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had straight beaters prior to having my Si. So (as sad as it is) this car had more power than anything else I'd had. It could just be the torque steer. There isn't much, but if you're used to driving slow FWD cars there may be more steer than you're used to. It took me a few months to get used to it, but there's a slight pull when I apply throttle, and then a slight pull the other way when I let off. After having the car looked at a few times I just settled on that being what it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts