9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Same here, I'm very curious of the '14. So, is that where they're going to get the extra 4 something HP? Our pipe diameter is kinda huge already, not sure how they gonna be able to play around with pipe design and stuff. I guess we gonna have to find out when it's out.
I'm guessing they put a smoother flowing Downpipe.
We will see soon enough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
203 Posts
Perhaps the dealer you bought it from replaced the shield underneath. Its a very commonly damaged and scraped up part. If the technician inspecting it found a couple points there the screws hold the metal part on torn it could have been replaced for that as well. Idk, of all the ones ive seen I havent seen an si with it.... im curious now, and will check out the parts catalog on monday
Honda Automotive Parts

according to the diagram, #1, 2 and 3 are not applicable to the SI.

why would one install factory parts that aren't aesthetically related on a car that doesn't call for it? especially parts from the base model onto the higher end version.

weird. at any rate, I like them and they will stay. looks similar to the underbody of a GTR or porsche. basically it means I go faster yo!! gotta be equivalent to at least a few stickers worth of HP. :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Honda Automotive Parts

according to the diagram, #1, 2 and 3 are not applicable to the SI.

why would one install factory parts that aren't aesthetically related on a car that doesn't call for it? especially parts from the base model onto the higher end version.

weird. at any rate, I like them and they will stay. looks similar to the underbody of a GTR or porsche. basically it means I go faster yo!! gotta be equivalent to at least a few stickers worth of HP. :wigglesmiley:
LOL, SoSincerious make sure your SI doesn't have 1.8L engine tho coz those under covers are standard for base models. Just kidding bro! I appreciate the research and comments.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts