9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is our first Honda Hybrid. We purchased it for the gas mileage and style. It says it gets 44/44 mpg. My question is. Do you leave the Econ on all the time or just in city driving? 2013-12-01 10.45.31.jpg

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Here is our first Honda Hybrid. We purchased it for the gas mileage and style. It says it gets 44/44 mpg. My question is. Do you leave the Econ on all the time or just in city driving? View attachment 128233
Ooooh she looks like a beauty congratulations!!! By the way the EPA estimates for gas mileage are for when ECON is off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome Kbass. Hope you enjoy you new ride. The only time I take ECON off is when I have to merge onto the interstate on an uphill ramp and all of the Si's are trying to squeeze between me and the guardrail to pass. Sometimes when it is very cold I leave it in S gear instead of D to let the high idle take me around without adding extra gas, otherwise all ECON almost all the time.

You can get great mileage if you drive like a no-legged grandmother like I do. Short trips, cold weather and steep hills are the killers of MPG. You will learn all the pedal points to engage the battery, recharge, etc over the next few months.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is it weird I own an '03 hybrid and a '12 SI? =p

My question though, do the late model HCH suffer from the ima and check engine lights for no apparent reason like the older ones do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome Kbass, I hope you get many years of service out of your HCH. Never had ECON button off...always on. I am surely enjoying my '13 HCH, the only warning light to come on mine was the tighten gas cap a couple of times. I am consistently getting around 54 mpg after 10 fill ups. Usually around 650 miles on about 12 gallons. Yes, I drive it easy and have light traffic on level ground (also WARM weather) but for a car to get 10 mpg over sticker is crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts