9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m new into the civic game. I have a 2013 Honda Civic lx and I’m trying to get some power gains. I have a weapon r intake on it, tsudo catback exhaust coming in and I m going to buy a bigger throttle body and a downpipe for it. Before I get it tuned I want to see how much power I can get out of it without a turbo kit on it. I’ve been struggling to find parts though. Any suggestions/ links to parts that I can do before tuning it?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Maybe 130 wheel. Those cars don't respond to bolt ons at all. Even with a turbo they make slightly more hp than a stock SI. Not to be a dick, but you'd be better off selling this car and buying an si.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
I'm going to second this. Sell the LX and get a Si.

You'll find this topic has been discussed numerous times. It's prohibitively expensive to make moderate power gains from that platform. Just not worth the time, effort, and money involved. Of course unless this is a pet project where you can spare no expense, the answer is going to be make the move to the Si.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Effen kids these days, want everything spoon fed. Like hell man, I used to have to look stuff up in an encyclopedia.

·
Registered
873 Posts
And if you wanted to learn cars you had to go to the meets and hope to hell the dude you were talkin to knew what the hell he was talkin about lol

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
I should gather up all the threads on this topic and make one stickied thread.

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
156 Posts
So I’m new into the civic game. I have a 2013 Honda Civic lx and I’m trying to get some power gains. I have a weapon r intake on it, tsudo catback exhaust coming in and I m going to buy a bigger throttle body and a downpipe for it. Before I get it tuned I want to see how much power I can get out of it without a turbo kit on it. I’ve been struggling to find parts though. Any suggestions/ links to parts that I can do before tuning it?
Like everyone else said, you're going to be hard pressed to make any power. Your best bet is to sell it and buy the Si.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bro trust me when I tell you this,modding your civic lx is a bad idea, get an si

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
And if you wanted to learn cars you had to go to the meets and hope to hell the dude you were talkin to knew what the hell he was talkin about lol
Yea and the forums were different back then too. People posted full builds and went in depth on how to do shit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts