9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nissan attempted to make a low-cost luxury-ish car. And they pretty much succeeded. And I don't care at all about the Sentra.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Honda fanboy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Watch yourself. I'm not a fanboy and I give nissan or any car maker credit where it's due. All I'm saying is that they dropped the ball with the new sentra. Its hideous. Anything looks better than it, not just the civic. The forte looks much better and is more closely matched with standard tech features than the civic is. Can you honestly say that this thing doesn't suffer from extremely awkward proportions? The altima looks great, good body lines, nice interior. The sentra in the other hand, nah. Plus just like the last genration sentra, the headlights and tail lights are HUGE for no apparent reason and it looks terribly awkward.

It does have a lot more standard tech in it as opposed to the civic, which is good and I guess can make buyers oversee the subjective exterior styling and underpowered engine. So it has that.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I was starting to love my civics interior less, but after seeing the sentra's hideous greys(even in top trim), ill chose the 12 over the nissan

Really? I definitely wouldn't. I agree on the aesthetics wise, yes - I love how the Civic's interior is laid out. Material wise? Not a snowball's chance in hell would I take a 2012 over the Sentra's interior materials. But the 2013? That's a different story.

If the 2012 Civic were compared in this, I suspect the review might be different. I still think the Civic would've come out ahead, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Civic would have lost a ton of points for its interior and exterior styling for 2012. I know people prefer different things style wise (some like it simple over 'busy', etc.), but there really isn't much of a comparison for 2012 if you ask me. The 2012 Civic would hold its own, but its cut-rate interior and unoffensive exterior wouldn't have won it many points in this comparison. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think this Sentra still looks extremely cheap. The fake chrome is terrible and the grille looks like it's from an older KIA. At least isn't not as fat looking as the previous gen though. Those things were FUGLY.

For those knocking on the 2012 Civic... it certainly looks a little cheaper than the 2013's since it doesn't have the faux leather, but it is still pretty good quality plastic. It's very sturdy and the texture is nice. The only part I really don't like is the grey dash bezel.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,344 Posts
I saw a new Sentra on the road this morning. It looks a helluva lot better than the last couple previous generations, afaic.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Makes me love my 9th even more

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I saw one friday, Sentra SR or something like that, It looks like a bad redendition of a mazda3 or something, How they could even compare a peice of manure sentra to our civics is behond me.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
There's something about the design near the rear side bumper that just looks...poorly executed and weirdly shaped to me. It's nicer than the car it replaced, on the whole, but it doesn't have the inspiration the rest of the competition have. I can find merit in the design of the Cruze, Civic, and Mazda3 somewhere. But the new Sentra isn't that good looking to me.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts