9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran an emissions code yesterday for running rich figured it was due to my short ram intake I also ran a code for "engine overspeed condition" which no I do not sit at red line for 40 seconds I will do pulls to 7k but I don't ever hold it. I also noticed it is a lot more prominent when I hit VTEC in 4th gear and up, as soon as I go into VTEC the engine almost feels like it chokes or cuts throttle for a split second the car will jerk a little then its good again after that first choke VTEC works completely fine no issues at all but this is very consistent and i can get it to happen every time it isnt a sometimes

every known problem
-short ram intake could be starting to get dirty
-oil is overdue changing on Friday
-exhaust hanger in back loose

Codes are
-P0172- Fuel system too rich
-P0219- Engine over-speed Condition

·
Photoshop Masta
3,261 Posts
For the too rich code, I would start by checking the MAF sensor, it could be dirty and/or you could possibly have a bad 02 sensor as well. This recently happened to my buddy.

As for the other code, I would clear and see if it comes back, if it does, it's likely a fault speed sensor or faulty PCM.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Idk how a short ram would throw a rich code.. if anything a lean code. I’d reset the codes first and see if it comes back

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the issue, was my short ran we just hit below freezing temps here and the air being much more dense freaked the ecm out and threw the code when I have the car in the day the code won’t come on only early mornings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts