9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My names Mark, and I just purchased this 2014 Si with a little under 61k miles. I’m new to the community but not to Honda/Acura. Everything is bone stock and I don’t intend to change much. I have 4 boys so nothing crazy on this!

If anyone has any suggestions for maintenance I should do at this point, or even simple modifications that would be beneficial I’m open. I think my son has caught the bug!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome!
One thing that's new to me, is changing transmission fluid. The maintenance minder tells you when, but if your not sure of the cars history, its a easy job.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!
One thing that's new to me, is changing transmission fluid. The maintenance minder tells you when, but if your not sure of the cars history, its a easy job.
The previous owner stated he flushed it around 50k I believe. I plan doing it myself soon, but need to catch up on some videos as I’ve never done it before. Any insight would be appreciated for sure!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Car looks super clean.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome. Damn, that's super clean. Yea, I'll do all the fluid stuff first. As for mods......... simple mods would be rear sway bar. Shoot, i'll even go with buy flashpro n get it tuned.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate the comments everyone! I’ll probably start with the trans fluid first, and move on from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome! Super clean civic. Keep those oil changes, tune ups and carwashes. Youll be set for life lol.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, Mark.

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
11 Posts
Welcome man! Agreed that you should do a flush regardless of what the previous owner said. As far as simple mods a throttle pedal spacer does a lot for driving feel.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome man! Agreed that you should do a flush regardless of what the previous owner said. As far as simple mods a throttle pedal spacer does a lot for driving feel.
I’m thinking this weekend is time for a flush just for peace of mind. I’m not familiar with a throttle pedal spacer. Any link that might give some input? Appreciate it!

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
11 Posts
I’m thinking this weekend is time for a flush just for peace of mind. I’m not familiar with a throttle pedal spacer. Any link that might give some input? Appreciate it!
If you like practicing heel-toe downshifting a throttle pedal spacer will help by spacing the gas pedal closer to the driver and more in line with the brake pedal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts