9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE 2014 CIVIC EX COUPE FRONT END IS HIDEOUS!
Has anyone tried swapping the front end of this? I know the Si front grill is the same and can easily swap, but I am looking for more options.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,851 Posts
Hideous?

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve? The Si front end is not much different, aside from the grille and the black center of the air dam.
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Get a grill and some vinyl wrap, or an Si bumper and go crazy.

Wait. I've got it. Graft one of these on there:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,851 Posts
Actually, I've always been a big fan of this:
Tire Vehicle Toy Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hideous?

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve? The Si front end is not much different, aside from the grille and the black center of the air dam.
View attachment 495745

Get a grill and some vinyl wrap, or an Si bumper and go crazy.
As stated in the post, seeing if there has been any front-end swap going back to the Asian front end or other years.

The main problem for me is the grill. The plastic spanning horizontally through the whole thing throws me off. I wrapped it black 5 years ago, and it didn't look to bad. But since upgrading a few things around the car I'm looking for a change.

1. Are there pics of anyone wrapping the plastic to color match the paint? I would like to see that.

2. Has anyone done a front-end swap with any other year to this model? I would like to see how complicated and pricey that would be.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,851 Posts
As stated in the post, seeing if there has been any front-end swap going back to the Asian front end or other years.

The main problem for me is the grill. The plastic spanning horizontally through the whole thing throws me off. I wrapped it black 5 years ago, and it didn't look to bad. But since upgrading a few things around the car I'm looking for a change.

1. Are there pics of anyone wrapping the plastic to color match the paint? I would like to see that.

2. Has anyone done a front-end swap with any other year to this model? I would like to see how complicated and pricey that would be.
Yes, I don't love the plastic over the grill area, either. I have thought more than once of swapping in an Si grill sans the emblem because, ya know, not racecar.

What I did do, though, was to black pdip that chrome horizontal smile line at the bottom of the 'grill,' which made, imho, the front end a bit more of a piece.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,851 Posts
Showing your age there Scotty, I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on these boards don't recognize that batmobile.
I have no problem showing my age, my friend, and, in fact, I wear it proudly. haha

And the Batmobile is, to me, the most iconic bad-ass car there is. haha (again)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I don't love the plastic over the grill area, either. I have thought more than once of swapping in an Si grill sans the emblem because, ya know, not racecar.

What I did do, though, was to black pdip that chrome horizontal smile line at the bottom of the 'grill,' which made, imho, the front end a bit more of a piece.
Simple render of what color matching would kind of look like. I also blacked out the chrome trim like you mentioned
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,851 Posts
Simple render of what color matching would kind of look like. I also blacked out the chrome trim like you mentioned View attachment 495752
My car is MSM so they gray plastic grill matches the paint pretty close enoughly. The blacked out chrome is huge improvement, afaic.

There was a recent thread here about blacking out the lower red portion in between the running light surrounds, much like the orange car you posted above. That may help, as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I did the “front end swap.” I bought si top grill and the lower grill garnish. The top grill where it says si, you’ll need to find something to cover that. I luckily found a HFP badge from a Honda Accord and the lower grill garnish you just gotta cut into the bumper.
Is the lower grill garnish the vent in between the fog light covers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts