9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
2014 Proof attached! LOL I had 97,000 miles on the CR-Z and wanted to trade in before I hit the battery warranty mark. I did love the car but I really needed a little more room. MPG is a top priority as I drive 150 miles a day for work and the Civic is a close second to the CR-Z with a little more room.
View attachment 143106
Do you know what the screen resolution is, it looks pretty sharp. That was one of my beefs with the 2013 was the screen resolution wasn't the best.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
LOL Sweet ride! Love the rims. I am thinking of maybe doing the 17 or 18 inch hfp wheels but not sure if I will be sacrificing any mpg or not.
Bigger heavier rims means bigger heavier tires equals less MPG.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi DThom74...

I just got a 2014 EX-L …. Have you figured out how to use the SMS Text Message Function yet?

If you did, does the phone have to be plugged into the USB/HDMI, or does it work through the Blue Tooth?

Thanks - Dan

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi DThom74...

I just got a 2014 EX-L …. Have you figured out how to use the SMS Text Message Function yet?

If you did, does the phone have to be plugged into the USB/HDMI, or does it work through the Blue Tooth?

Thanks - Dan
Hello Dan. Yes it works via bluetooth. Just connect your phone via bluetooth and when you receive a text it will alert you on the screen to read or reply. Pretty cool feature.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome to the 9th.
Care to show us the HDMI feature, and everything it allows you to do?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Welcome to the 9th.
Care to show us the HDMI feature, and everything it allows you to do?
I just went out to the car with my laptop and played a blu-ray thru the HDMI and it worked perfectly. I also could view my desktop on the screen as well. Pretty sharp little screen.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Hi DThom74...

Thanks - Dan
I have a iphone and had to enable sms on my phone to get text to work.The imid said my phone didnt support text so that the route I went.I also typed my question into the search box on the forum for this answer.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
I just went out to the car with my laptop and played a blu-ray thru the HDMI and it worked perfectly. I also could view my desktop on the screen as well. Pretty sharp little screen.
Just curious can you play something thru the HDMI port if the car is started and moving or only if the engine is shut off?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
That's a good question.

·
Registered
501 Posts
What if you use an HDMI cable to your phone, and into the car? I have blueray copies on my S4. Curious if that would work, and while the car is on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My car was started but in park and it played on the screen. Not sure about in drive yet but I assume it wouldn't. I don't see why the HDMI wouldn't work from a phone either.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
My car was started but in park and it played on the screen. Not sure about in drive yet but I assume it wouldn't. I don't see why the HDMI wouldn't work from a phone either.
I'm guessing it won't work if your in drive but probably could be hacked if someone was inclined to do so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For the HDMI input, as soon as you switch the car out of "Park" the HDMI turns to a blue screen and will not show the content. I was hoping that I could use this feature for my Google Maps app on my phone in stead of purchasing the $60 navi app from Honda.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
For the HDMI input, as soon as you switch the car out of "Park" the HDMI turns to a blue screen and will not show the content. I was hoping that I could use this feature for my Google Maps app on my phone in stead of purchasing the $60 navi app from Honda.
I'm sure there is a hack for it, sooner or later somebody will post a DIY way around it lol.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yes silly Kev! Haha

The 2014 LX sedan retains the "flower pedal" hubcaps from 2013.
The 2014 EX sedan also retains the 16 inch alloys from the 2013 civic.
The 2014 EX-L sedan gets the 17 inch alloys that were on the 2013 Civic touring from Canada.

The 2014 LX coupe gets totally new 16 inch hubcaps.
The 2014 EX coupe gets it own unique 16 inch alloys that remind me of a simplified version of the 2014 Si rims.
The 2014 EX-L coupe also gets the 17 inch alloys from the 2013 Civic touring from Canada.

Each trim this model year has it's own unique wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yup I got the 13 touring model. Which was exclusive at the time cause no other R18 civic in Canada or the states came with the features I got.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

21 - 40 of 40 Posts