9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the forum here. I browse lots but haven't posted. Anyway, I'm having trouble with my 2014 Civic LX. I've got an injen intake and throttle body spacer. They have been on the car for about 30,000kms. Recently I've been having a CEL coming and going for code P0172 Bank 1 too rich. After checking the code I switched the throttle sensing to MAF (from AFM) usng Flashpro as per Hondata's advice and re set the ECU. Ever since then there has been a noticeable flat spot or hesitation on deceleration. I reset the ECU back to completely stock and re drove. The hesitation is less noticeable but still there. I asked Injen and Hondata. Both suggested cleaning the MAF sensor which I've done. I've been searching online for similar issues and cant find anything. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

·
Registered
68 Posts
my serious opinion is to reinstall your stock intake and reflash to stock to get rid of any issues. It sounds like your car is running either too rich or lean. I've read that air becomes too turbulent for our MAF sensors to read correctly(with certain aftermarket intakes), causing undesireable air/fuel ratios. Other then that I do not know of a way to fix the problem you are having with the current intake. All I know is that if you switch back to stock, your air/fuel ratios should level out to safe levels. Hope that helps...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the advice. I've re flashed the car again and the issue is still there, so I'm guessing it is something mechanically wrong with the intake. I'm going to try a new filter before giving up and switching back to stock

·
Registered
185 Posts
No point to waste more money on a new filter. Put it back to stock and see if your issue goes away, if it does leave it stock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah that makes sense I suppose. It seems like a shame that the intake would give me no problems for 30,000km then just start acting up. I will switch the intake back and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts