9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all here on the forum! I am a new arrival as is my Crystal Black Pearl Si Sedan. Needed a Daily Driver that could put a smile on my face, offer the latest technology in the category and be RELIABLE!

I want to give a shout out to my salesman Josh (908-456-0949) over at Hackettstown Honda (North West New Jersey), great shopping experience, no hassle and fair pricing. If anyone is looking in the North East, give him a call.

I just ordered some summer tires as the all seasons are average at best. I will say this, the suspension changes actually make a big difference from my seat of the pants test. I drove the 2013 many times and feel this is an improvement. If you are going to change the suspension, this will not be of any importance, but if you plan on keeping stock, it really helps.

Might do a few bolt-ons later (front strut tower brace, exhaust, cai, tune) but for now just breaking it in.

Great Forum with lots of info!

PT
20140502_183834.jpg 20140502_183842.jpg 20140502_183901.jpg 20140503_133031.jpg 20140503_133224.jpg 20140503_133233.jpg 20140503_133327-1.jpg

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome to 9thgen and congratulations. I'm wondering if a heaver sway bars would help the 2013's.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Welcome! Love the new spoiler!! Good looking car!

·
Registered
639 Posts
She's a beauty X, congrats and welcome!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello to all here on the forum! I am a new arrival as is my Crystal Black Pearl Si Sedan. Needed a Daily Driver that could put a smile on my face, offer the latest technology in the category and be RELIABLE!

I want to give a shout out to my salesman Josh (908-456-0949) over at Hackettstown Honda (North West New Jersey), great shopping experience, no hassle and fair pricing. If anyone is looking in the North East, give him a call.

I just ordered some summer tires as the all seasons are average at best. I will say this, the suspension changes actually make a big difference from my seat of the pants test. I drove the 2013 many times and feel this is an improvement. If you are going to change the suspension, this will not be of any importance, but if you plan on keeping stock, it really helps.

Might do a few bolt-ons later (front strut tower brace, exhaust, cai, tune) but for now just breaking it in.

Great Forum with lots of info!

PT
View attachment 191505 View attachment 191513 View attachment 191521 View attachment 191529 View attachment 191537 View attachment 191545 View attachment 191553
Welcome and congrates...have had mine now for 3 weeks and it has been a blast. Same color as yours these things drive like go-karts!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the warm welcome! It really is a great car and I am having fun relearning how to drive a powerful front wheeler again.

As noted before, the spoiler on the sedan has not changed. As for changing the sway on a 13, in theory it should help, but I think the 14 is benefiting from the bar, dampers, spring rate change combo.

Looking forward to the summer tires which should be on this weekend. I will update once I get to push it along on a back road or exit/entrance ramp.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,701 Posts
Welcome to 9thgen and congratulations. I'm wondering if a heaver sway bars would help the 2013's.
Will take away some of the body roll and the car will come around corners faster and also could improve some steering response.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I certainly noticed a difference with the Eibach kit. Don't skimp on tires. There is a big difference in how the cat handles depending on the tires you put on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts