9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m looking for a dedicated Drag setup. I’m thinking 17” ? Heard good things about Hoosier or Nitto. 225/45/17 ? Looking for a 1/4 mile ( change at track proper setup )

What do you all suggest ?

Also what about slicks ?

FBO’s 220whp.

Thanks

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi I’m looking for a dedicated Drag setup. I’m thinking 17” ? Heard good things about Hoosier or Nitto. 225/45/17 ? Looking for a 1/4 mile ( change at track proper setup )

What do you all suggest ?

Also what about slicks ?

FBO’s 220whp.

Thanks
If it's a dedicated track setup just get slicks. No point in a dot radial that never sees the street. Slicks are really the only way to get traction on a fwd at the strip anyways. 23" slick maybe?
Also you should downsize the rim to get the biggest sidewall possible. 15" if they will clear the brakes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
It’s highly doubtful that you’ll fit anything smaller than a 16 inch wheel over the stock front brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There have been a few users running the 15" Rota slipstream successfully. Including Harry sparks, fastest 9th gen out there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There have been a few users running the 15" Rota slipstream successfully. Including Harry sparks, fastest 9th gen out there.

The first picture you posted is not using the OEM front brakes. He clearly has an aftermarket Wilwood setup.
I can't tell if the setup Harry runs is completely stock; the calipers look smaller than stock - maybe he switched to the smaller front brakes from an EX to save weight and fit the smaller wheel? I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
True on the first pic. Are the wilwood calipers smaller? I'm not sure. Second one looks like an oem caliper though.

As you say most 15" won't fit. A 16" would but there are limited slick sizes in 16"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks guys. I am not willing to change my brakes though. Wilwood or go smaller OEM. I would like to keep my stock Si Rotor / calipers. This is NOT a all out track car. It’s 80% street occasional track visits. So probably looking at 17” drag radials then ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Have you by chance looked into UHP tires? I've got a set on my car, and they hook well and I've been unable to find the limit in a corner.

Someone may correct me, but I would think at your power level these would do well on a drag strip. You could drive to work (summer only), and corner like a BOSS.
My thinking is no car at a stop light is going to wait for me to change my tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts