9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got some 2014 HFP Lips for my FG3 and I was wondering what's the best way to go about installing them?

Drill into my OEM Bumper or 3M tape and risk it peeling over time due to cold and rain?

This is the HFP lip test mounted, it also is a little bent at the back side where it sits behind the fender on both of the lips. How can I also bend it more straight without ruining it?

I also plan on getting it paint matched.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it shouldn’t. If this is a HFP Style, you will need to drill and double sided tape it. The one you can get from Honda comes with tabs that clip into the bumper/body.
So I didn't want to get high balled for $300 back in the day. I missed out on the OEM HFP Lip so I bought some eBay ones. They do not have the extra aluminum bracket that you can use to clip it in. I am willing to drill now, UNFORTUNATELY. But thank you for the help so far.

Still have to get them painted and I hope it's not too expensive

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I didn't want to get high balled for $300 back in the day. I missed out on the OEM HFP Lip so I bought some eBay ones. They do not have the extra aluminum bracket that you can use to clip it in. I am willing to drill now, UNFORTUNATELY. But thank you for the help so far.

Still have to get them painted and I hope it's not too expensive
Yea I had to help someone put these on. Personally I prefer these one (without the silver bracket) more. It was easier to work. I just used double sided tape on all the parts that were contacting the car then used self tapers on the inside of the bumper/wheel well. Best of luck to you. Also I have the HFP ones, but I’m scared that one rock or miscalculation on a dip/driveway will end it all lol. So I’d say you made a better choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts