9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Touch volume control looks HORRIBLE.

Anyone have a link to a pic of a 2014 Si sedan? Apparently my amazing '13 Si sedan spoiler is a one-year item!

I'm 99.9% sure the reason was poor rear-window visibility due to the spoiler.... but that being said, I guarantee the entire Honda stock of '13 Si spoilers will be depleted in a year or two. Hope I never need a replacement.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
Haha. Well you and some others may not like it, but it's definitely much more efficient to control every function of your home from one place than to walk everywhere to turn some knobs. Nothing against knobs, but technology lets us do so much more nowadays.
I don't know that I have to walk around my house controlling things with knobs.

The thermostats? I need to be in a room, or on a level or floor to feel the temperature so I can adjust the thermostat.

Central air is done from one central (ha) location.

Lights? I turn 'em on when I enter a room, and off when I leave.

What else is there for me to control? And why do I need a touch pad to do it?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yeah, definitely not feeling the third Si sedan spoiler in 3 model years. The 2013 one was perfect. I thought it was too big until I saw it in person and then I realized that it helped the back end of the Civic a great deal.

I never thought it obstructed my rear view very much, honestly.

·
Registered
576 Posts
A few headlines about Ford's touchscreen interface:

Ford to bring back physical radio controls for frustrated touchscreen users

Ford restores low-tech knobs to cars' touch screens

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

Group sues Ford, claims touchscreen systems defective

Will Ford admit defeat and add more buttons to Sync and MyFord Touch?

After Ratings Drop, Ford Reworks Touch Screens

Ford to reduce touchscreen fiddling and bring back knobs

Has Ford Finally Heard Its Touchscreen Critics?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Yeah, definitely not feeling the third Si sedan spoiler in 3 model years. The 2013 one was perfect. I thought it was too big until I saw it in person and then I realized that it helped the back end of the Civic a great deal.

I never thought it obstructed my rear view very much, honestly.
The 13 Si spoiler really help set it apart from non Si models IMO.
I've somewhat gotten use to it but it does obstruct rear view vision IMO.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The 13 Si spoiler really help set it apart from non Si models IMO.
I've somewhat gotten use to it but it does obstruct rear view vision IMO.
Totallt agreed, i feel like the rear end is naked without that spoiler :S
My old em2 had a mid rise spoiler, rear visibility wasnt too bad forcme, but did take time to get used to

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
My first gut reaction was 'I hate CVT's', but I am not going to get a new car for 5-8 years. Plenty if time to drive my 'dated' 5 speed. Maybe by 2020, CVT tech will be improved?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't know that I have to walk around my house controlling things with knobs.

The thermostats? I need to be in a room, or on a level or floor to feel the temperature so I can adjust the thermostat.

Central air is done from one central (ha) location.

Lights? I turn 'em on when I enter a room, and off when I leave.

What else is there for me to control? And why do I need a touch pad to do it?

Just the other day I started making check deposits through my android phone. No more making trips to the ATM, getting too close to the ATM curb and rubbing my tires up against it. I can take care of it from home and get back to watching football. Just sayin. Not everyone likes it, but nobody can deny that you can fit more functionality into less space with electronics as opposed to mechanical knobs. That's all. I don't care if people like it, just trying to be objective about the benefits.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I DIG the new look on the coupe

sexy is back!! seriously guys, .. that new Si coupe, in black, with red interior … ( and hopefully HPD lowered suspension ) … best civic yet!!

the car looks so much better in the latest picture releases … I just know it'll be to die for in person

…sad thing is … dealers are giving such good deals on the remaining 13's its hard to resist … argh!!! dilemma

·
Registered
237 Posts
, but I can't think of a single car for sale that has changed as drastically - or frequently, as the 2012+ Civic. The 8th gens got a mid model refresh plus a few upgrades year over year...but nothing nearly this drastic.

I need a draminie to get through reading about the updates they're so up and down every year. Tighter suspension again for the Si this year? Seriously? Can you do it right the first time please instead of giving us a Corolla for 2012, a much improved 2013 handling, and now even more suspension tweaks?

That's not updating. That's fixing judgment error.

Just my two cents. I'm glad Honda's trying to keep ahead of the game, but it would've helped if they started there in 2012 to begin with.
Other cars have made 'tweaks' too stay competitive, it's called "car business", look at Kia/Hyundai, they are always changing, what's the big deal? And no the sedan is not 'restyled again' as some are incorrectly stating online. 'Need a Dramamine to keep up'? Again, so? Don't like product changes? Then you better not buy a Smart Phone, laptop, or flat screen TV, too. Darned if they don't change, and darned if they do. Say "I'm glad Hond's trying to keep up" and then complain about it?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
Just the other day I started making check deposits through my android phone. No more making trips to the ATM, getting too close to the ATM curb and rubbing my tires up against it. I can take care of it from home and get back to watching football. Just sayin. Not everyone likes it, but nobody can deny that you can fit more functionality into less space with electronics as opposed to mechanical knobs. That's all. I don't care if people like it, just trying to be objective about the benefits.
How's this for the 'contrary to popular convenience' culture? I never use drive-thrus. I always park and walk into a business establishment! Oh, the horror! hahahahahaaa

All this doing stuff through the phone is nonsense to me. Get the $%^& out of the house and do things. hahaha

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
How's this for the 'contrary to popular convenience' culture? I never use drive-thrus. I always park and walk into a business establishment! Oh, the horror! hahahahahaa
I don't like using drive thru's either doesn't feel like your dealing with a person and I feel rushed.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
OMG, current coupe front bumper looks wayyyy better. Honda should leave Si sedan spoiler alone period!

I hope 2014 civic will let people choose between manual transmission and CVT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OMG, current coupe front bumper looks wayyyy better. Honda should leave Si sedan spoiler alone period!

I hope 2014 civic will let people choose between manual transmission and CVT.
the cvt is in the civic coupe ex and above, i heard the lx is still same tranny... and of course the si is the stick shift...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Read a review of the 2014 Civic CVT from a person who does not care for CVTs. Said it was quite good. The car felt faster than the outgoing 5AT model (.3-.5 seconds faster to 60 was his estimate). Said the 7 speed paddle shifters were actually quite fun.

Faster and better mileage with paddle shifters simulating a 7 speed. Sign me up.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
I am skeptical. I'll have to drive one.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts