9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I hope Honda doesn't get chrome happy with the front end tho. It won't make much of a difference for me since I have no intentions of trading up for a 14 si coupe, but from what I can tell from the teaser pic, the rear looks much sportier and finally gets 18 inch wheels, which is a huge plus. Hopefully with the larger diameter will come more width for more grip on the road. 18x7.5 would be appropriate.
As far as performance upgrades, I would bet my money that they will make some tweaks to suspension and steering, maybe thicker sway bars, bigger brakes, tighter steering.
This is a long shot, but I hope Honda will give the new Si a lower center of gravity, as the current Si's sit off the ground like a jeep lol, why so much wheel gap for a sporty car?? A lower center of gravity will certainly reduce body roll that the new Si's are known for. Don't get your hopes up that honda will give the 2014 si 20+ more hp, just not gonna happen lol, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
We will know for sure next week!
i agree, the chances of them boosting the hp are slim to none. any idea on the actual release date?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually like the height on my Si. I haven't scraped it on any driveways after having it for 5 months and the suspension isn't overly harsh. my 11' EX would scrape on things constantly.
That is one good point I can relate to. I hope new coupes have HFP suspension already included though, suspension is a bit rough on '12 coupes Si's.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish I had waited for the 14 model now... Just bought last week before I saw any word of the 14 coming out. Thought they wouldn't change much.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
imho, the '14 is definitely proportioned better, at least its tush, anyway.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The 2014 is copying of the 2013 SI Sedan. I prefer that.
It looks odd when I saw 2012 Civic on the street when I am so familiar with my 2013 SI.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
The '14 is soooo hot! How soon can I run in and trade in my 3 day old '13?? AAAAUUUGGHHH!! hahahahahahahaaaaaa

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am not crazy about the bumper "stamp" on the '14 ... as if someone pressed a hot bumper-wide hunk of red-hot iron into the bumper and pushed it in an inch, creating a depression in the bumper. They shoulda just left it un-stamped, 8th-gen-style. Mebbe it'll look better in real life.

·
Registered
237 Posts
GM also lost sales from letting car designs rot, with no changes, only to appeal to older buyers. Example, Oldsmobile Cieras being same from 1982-96. Now, Olds is closed. That is "not knowing what they are doing". If one wants to, they can buy used 2014 rear end parts to add onto older models, once they hit recycle yards, which happens quicker than you think.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Only thing i like better on the 2014 is the spoiler. Honda has always made very tasteful oem aero.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
41 - 60 of 115 Posts