9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Honda one styling upgrade per civic generation. Maybe some new equipment but powertrain stuff only changes from when a new model comes out especially an si. The trends are there.

The dilemma, get the new model first then regret when the mid cycle refresh comes. Or get the refresh and regret not waiting for the new model. This is all cars not just unique to Honda.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Agreed. Any differences with the 12,13n and 14 coupes will basically all be direct swap over parts. Just like the 8th gen and many gens before. So before dumping money on the 14 and taking a bath on the current car it would be more cost efficient to just buy the different part and put it on yourself. You will save a substantial amount of money doing it that way rather than taking a bath. There will be 0 mechanical changes that aren't able to swap over.

Edit* so I would wait until 15,16,17 whenever the next gen is coming out and get that. That will be the only way trading up will be worth it in my opinion because at least 90% of the car will be changed including the powertrain/drivetrain and will be waaaayyy more worth it. Don't dump thousands just for a couple nicnac items like lights and crap that could be hundreds.

Sent from my SCH-I545

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,384 Posts
so I would wait until 15,16,17 whenever the next gen is coming out and get that.
I hope most people here that buy the 10th gen in the future sign onto the 10th gen forum that doesn't exist yet. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'd rather just read MotorTrend.com or the magazine than watch that guy.

I do not like the Euro Civic.

Europe has some cool cars though. I visited Ireland and Germany. TONS of diesels. And the badges on most cars show 1.0, 1.2, 1.4L as common engine displacements.

I have a photo set of eurocars here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/capa_r2/sets/72157601386531636/

My favorites are the second-generation (1992-2003) Nissan Micra (the third-gen Micra is hideous, however) and whatever generation this Ford Fiesta is:

1076770923_7ca215dcfd_o.jpg 1088721443_93e285124d_o.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't get the "more power" thang.

More power ... higher insurance ... more trouble ... lower fuel economy ... higher fuel bills.

BALANCE ... is important. And the Si has a good balance of power and thriftiness.

A stock Si will outperform 95% of the vehicles on the road. How much power ya' need?

Buy a V8 Mustang if you want power, IMO. Corvette. Something with a V8 in it, not some rinky dink 4/6-cylinder.
I don't quite agree with this. The si will certainly NOT outperform 90% of vehicles on the road. that is just fact. I love my si and all but I know what it can and can't do. Heck, the si won't perform better than 95% of the cars in it's class (mazda speed, focus ST, GTI etc.....)

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't quite agree with this. The si will certainly NOT outperform 90% of vehicles on the road. that is just fact. I love my si and all but I know what it can and can't do. Heck, the si won't perform better than 95% of the cars in it's class (mazda speed, focus ST, GTI etc.....)

I think Capacivic is about right. Look at it this way, the speed3, Focus ST, GTI, and other sports cars like the Corvette, Mustang, Camaro probably make up about 5-10% of the vehicles on the road out there. Most people drive economy cars and SUVs. If people are getting a Focus, probably 95% are getting the SE or Titanium. Only about 5% of Focuses are STs. I mean, just go out and count 10 random cars on the road. How many of them are going to be faster than an Si? It will likely not be many. Hell, the Si even outperforms luxury cars like the IS250, LS350, ILX, TSX, 320i, CLA250.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Have you ever met a driver of a corvette or mustang with over 200 on the clock?
Doubt it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
Never buy a new car expecting it to not change the next model year or 2. It is a competitive market, and brands that sit still, die off {American Suzuki}. Civic is now #1 compact car, due to continuous improvements.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Things the new Si has
- 18 inch wheels
- 4 more hp
- 4 more ft lb of torque
- New nav system
- Push-to-start(possibly carries over from the new ex-l)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I don't feel so bad now with my 13' sedan. I like the HFP wheels better anyways... Lets hope they show off an HFP body kit for the sedan.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think they're planning on releasing anything else on the 2014 line up till the LA auto show.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Wow... Actually happier to stick with my 2013 than go with the 2014... the back end rendering was sooooo promising, now seeing the actual thing, it just blows my mind at how it became so hideous... and the one thing I was looking forward to; a rear spoiler, is exactly what I feared to do to my own car, a double spoiler o_O

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
the styling is obvious targeting @ current teens that prefer Korean cars...

WHY!??!?! its hideous!!! and this front end looks better than the Si's front end. The Si badge doesn't even look right on the Si coupe.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts