9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video of just one of the issues i've been having. https://youtu.be/5iuSftRSv50

I have been having multiple issues with the radio and i-MID display. There are times nothing comes on the display and then there are others where only the radio tab doesn't work along with no buttons on the steering wheel or radio work. (I have another video showing that issue) The dealer has been able to supposedly duplicate the issue but Honda says there is no fix for it and they won't even try swapping anything out to test it. I also have issues with any phone that is paired with the radio that it will disconnect and reconnect while on a call along with the in car microphone stops working and then starts working again randomly. I have done a full factory reset of the radio and phone, along with trying 2 other phones and the same issues still occur. I've recently started having where the system tells me that my phone is connected and the message will not go away from the screen no matter what I press on the radio or steering wheel. The only way to get it to go away is to turn the car completely off and back on again. Honda corporate tells me that I need to take the car to a few more dealers for some other opinions on this issue which I think is wrong when the dealer i've been going to is a very large dealer and even agrees that there are some serious issues with my system.
(Sorry for the mix up later in the video. I thought my USB drive was plugged in but I forgot I took it out the night before when testing different things to see if it would solve my issue with the system.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have logged a ticket that has been started about 4 months ago and it's been nothing but them telling me that I need to take my car to a few more dealers to have it looked at. Then them telling me that there is no solution at this time. The rep I have been dealing with never answers his phone and when I call the normal line they just send me to his voicemail because they till me I have to speak to him. He has the weirdest hours of 5am till 2pm Pacific Time.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't think the track record for the phone pairing feature is that good.

Reset the system, then don't pair a phone and see how it acts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally after making more calls to American Honda Motors they got the dealers lead tech to look into it. Evidently nobody had shown the service manager or lead tech my videos of the issue nor escalated it like they told me that had done to the tech line. So on Saturday after looking over everything they found my radio and i-MID to be faulty and have ordered a new one. I also got a call today from the service manager telling me that Honda just realeased a major software update for the 2014 Civic's that fix most of the issues I had early on. Mine has just gotten so bad they don't want to mess with an update. They said once my new radio and i-MID are installed they would run the update to it.

So you all may wanna take your car into the dealer to have the radio and i-MID firmware update done.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Anyway possible to do this firmware ourselves? I don't know if I wanna leave it to the techs who, in my experience, tend to be pretty clueless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,455 Posts
Finally after making more calls to American Honda Motors they got the dealers lead tech to look into it. Evidently nobody had shown the service manager or lead tech my videos of the issue nor escalated it like they told me that had done to the tech line. So on Saturday after looking over everything they found my radio and i-MID to be faulty and have ordered a new one. I also got a call today from the service manager telling me that Honda just realeased a major software update for the 2014 Civic's that fix most of the issues I had early on. Mine has just gotten so bad they don't want to mess with an update. They said once my new radio and i-MID are installed they would run the update to it.

So you all may wanna take your car into the dealer to have the radio and i-MID firmware update done.
I'm glad you are on the way to having this remedied.

Your experience just goes to show (again) that all it takes is one jemoke in the system to foul things up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has worked fine so far. I did go in Monday for the CVT recall software update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is a video of just one of the issues i've been having.

I have been having multiple issues with the radio and i-MID display. There are times nothing comes on the display and then there are others where only the radio tab doesn't work along with no buttons on the steering wheel or radio work. (I have another video showing that issue) The dealer has been able to supposedly duplicate the issue but Honda says there is no fix for it and they won't even try swapping anything out to test it. I also have issues with any phone that is paired with the radio that it will disconnect and reconnect while on a call along with the in car microphone stops working and then starts working again randomly. I have done a full factory reset of the radio and phone, along with trying 2 other phones and the same issues still occur. I've recently started having where the system tells me that my phone is connected and the message will not go away from the screen no matter what I press on the radio or steering wheel. The only way to get it to go away is to turn the car completely off and back on again. Honda corporate tells me that I need to take the car to a few more dealers for some other opinions on this issue which I think is wrong when the dealer i've been going to is a very large dealer and even agrees that there are some serious issues with my system.
(Sorry for the mix up later in the video. I thought my USB drive was plugged in but I forgot I took it out the night before when testing different things to see if it would solve my issue with the system.)
My display some time off sometime work please help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts