9th Gen Civic Forum banner

281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
yup

I think pmm and modern steel is completely different because my dad's 14' accord is modern steel. Pmm is better imo :(
IMO PMM has a slightly darker grey shade than modern steel. Once cleaned, washed, waxed etc PMM looks richer than modern steel.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Registered
58 Posts
It may make an additional 4hp (ooo wow) but the car weighs over 3,002lbs.. Honda is seriously falling short on the competitivness of the sport compact market of today.

The only thing the 2014 has that I wished my 2013 sedan had was a push start button. I'm also annoyed that they left the sedan front end unchanged.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,571 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The sedan is ok, The coupe looks ugggggly, Now the coupe needs a full redesign, I am going to buy a new car next year, no redesign on the coupe, not buying the si coupe, will see what Honda brings to the table for 2015, The type R would be ideal now that they have totally screwed up the coupe.

·
Registered
2 Posts

See more 2014 Honda Civic Si Coupe photos at AutoGuide.com

See more 2014 Honda Civic Si Coupe photos at AutoGuide.com
I do not know about the comments below i did like when the 06 body style came out and had a silver si 07 , i got it for a steal because the 1rst owner returned it with 11k miles because i found out the idle did not drop when engaging
the clutch it would actually go up and if you did not wait the gears would grind , luckily i was a mechanic at the time and worked close to Honda at Toyota and they let me use their programming E.Q and it was fixed in under 20 minutes total. Now I was also lucky enough to 3 years ago get a beautiful white SI which is the color i always wanted but could never find and the 14-15 have the best rear end's and especially tail lights on the coupe. I love that I got mine with the full body kit , no heated seats or built in Navi but everything else even a trunk tray . .
I bought it almost 4 years ago now at right around 31-32k miles and currently (September of 2020 my B-day is coming Monday with a new Sony 55" 950H tv hopefully too ) and now my SI has just under 38k miles . I love it
As far as mods i did lower it just on Tien springs and a rear camber kit . JDM badges front , rear steering wheel and on the center caps of the oem rims (these and the 06 -07 were the only rims I actually did not change because i loved the way they look (on the 07 i did a high gloss powder coating free at Toyota where I use to work .
I also added Acuity shifter bushings (remember i got the car at only about 30k and when i switched out the rubber bushings for the aluminum and hard plastic 1 with 2 c clips both the oem rubber bushings were already completely torn so I highly rec. changing those out for either Acuity or both metal I believe they are made by kdm but do not remember . It was a great investment all shifts still to this day are crisp and smooth . I also change the oem intake hose for a silicone one which is smoother and creates a whirl wind which makes the intake cooler i actually tested it .
Then for 2$ i bought 2 i vetch stickers opposed buying them for like 35$ and them not fitting with the side skirts so got them 1.5" smaller and they look completely stock and I love how stock it looks but how wonderful it handles . For those of you who think the front end is ugly your a fool . I love it especially with the body kit plus the fogs have plug in led's and are very bright and a led kit for the low beams and i never need high beams unless hitting deep highways and no street lights or other cars on the road . I must say they gave this model everything I ever wanted in a civic SI but the Navi and heated seats which in CA not needed but i added them for 60$ on my 07 si and i never needed to ever use heat in winter they are nice to have with a low med. and high switch . and now with the advancements with smartphones you really do not need navi in a car if it is going to drive up the price 2k or more , but i did get a 6.1" Garmin for $99 last black Friday and it works with a custom charging cable that tells traffic or since this has unlimited wifi updates you can also just download an app and get weather , parking locations , hotels near by and a lot more i find it helpful if we go out of town and the simple bean bag which i was highly skeptical of still holds the navi still on an on ramp that says 45mph and hitting it at 65 it does not move at all . It just a matter of regularly dusting under it and the dash for good grip of the silicone-ish bottom which keeps it still . Well hope all are well and the 14-15 are great and I even passed up a 2019 as it was so weak and i could not adjust max engine output being 5k maybe 5.5k
I did love the body style of the coupes but they were smaller inside and no v tech which killed me yeah the type R is amazing , but to have to right out the box get a hondata programmer just to get you 205 hp is ridiculous and a complete plastic head is junk with a turbo . Everything from the instrument cluster to even the cup holders made the car very uncomfortable to drive . In closing I am happy with the choice i made , i added the 2019 coupe red jdm floormats to match the black and red seats and they look great and fit almost perfect just 1 hook does not connect on driver side (they did not have them anywhere in 2014 anymore and i did get them for only $50 so i still have the oem black ones but the red ones really pop and make the interior .

Attachments

281 - 292 of 292 Posts