9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Since I've only had my 2013 SI coupe for a few months, I was a little upset when I heard about the 2014 coupe face lift. After seeing these images, I can safely say that I'm no longer concerned. I absolutely love the back end, but the front is just awful. Reminds me of the front end of an Elantra.
it looks like the tail light is a straight swap, si need r18 rear deck spoiler to add rear wing & rear bumper should be a straight swap too...

as for the front... it's just too crazy looking, need to find a way to tone it down.. maybe a less busy grill will help...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I own a 2012. Yes its less aggressive but it looks elegant. Some times less is more. I do like the rear, and spoiler (maybe) but the rest is too busy and just ends up looking like a corolla. If they added a "big" performance gain then sure but I will stick with my '12. Having a blast racing it and 1 more year till its paid off :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
576 Posts
The fender bulges: bad idea.
Front fascia: bad idea.
Wheels: no.

This is the exact same thing Honda did with the 7th gen coupe: Nailed it on the initial release. Then the mid-life refresh made it look dumber.

Honda should pay me to sit in a little room and just serve as Arbiter of Taste on their design ideas ... veto power.

·
Registered
569 Posts
that grill is just not doing it for me. i like the more aggressive front end with the big sweeping fenders, but they just really lost me with the grill. the lower part of the front bumper looks nice though i suppose. now we just need someone to get one to test fit our turbo kit. hopefully hondata will be quick with the updates so flashpro works on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Going to honest I was a little worried about Honda saying they were giving the SI Coupe a performance improvement because I just bought my 2013 a couple of months ago. Learning that it's only 4 HP/TQ makes me happy but also disappointed in Honda. I find it hard to believe that they can't make more HP out of the K24. I personally don't like the front of the car, but the rear is a little more bearable. Would have liked to see some minor improvements like: Projector headlights, auto-start and a better sound system. All in all I can't complain too much because lets remember there's a reason I paid under $25k for my car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree. I was so worried. One of the reasons I got the 13 Si was because it would not be up for a upgrade for a while. After seeing this...

The front is awful...
The rims are almost awful....
The back is nice...
The power upgrade of 4+hp... Why bother.

I am still loving my 13 with the HFP Kit and HFP Upgrades. Can't beat the rims and the 8th and 8th gen are the hottest Si's out there.

I can breathe now.... Actually... As long as the interior isn't upgraded at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Okay, the rims are absolutely repulsive in my opinion, where as the butt of that thing looks wonderful. I'm sort of ambivalent on the front end. 2013 rims are the best and will be hard to beat in my opinion. My question is that I wonder if they will bring the "re-tuned" exhaust to the sedan as well (and what exactly about it is re-tuned)? I'm not so entirely sure that 18's would look good on a sedan either, with the coupe it looks good, but sedan may not be able to pull it off to well.

WHEN WILL THEY HAVE HFP SUSPENSION STANDARD ON SI'S!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Projector beams:

I've never had a car with these, nor LED for that matter.

My question is: why should I even care?

I've never had a problem with headlights on any car going from the 1980s to the present day.

The point of a headlight is so you can see what's ahead when it's dark out. Regular cheap headlights are pretty much nailing this task.

When I see people with blue headlights that's just annoying noob ricer crap IMO.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
The front is uuuuuuugly.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I get annual eye exams and wear corrective lenses all the time. My corrected vision is 20/20. BAM.

I have friends who have less than 20/20 yet refuse to wear corrective lenses. Baffling.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
I don't like where Honda OEM wheel styling is going. It's been downhill since the end of the 8th gen.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The front fender flare makes it look a bit like a newer mitsubishi eclipse. I know that people are always critical of the newer model but I really don't care for the front end at all. I agree with someone else before that stated that the lighter weight of the 2012 model will make up for the gained 4 hp and tq of the 2014.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Man I'm going to really take extra care of my 12 now,I like the 13 sedan too,but I really think I'd pass on the 14 si coupe,but I'll wait and see it in person,but so far I'm not into it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

21 - 40 of 290 Posts