9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to replace the tires on my 14' Si. Im not getting much out of the reviews. What does everyone recommend in terms of value. Performance,Quality,Tread etc. I Currently have the Hancook Venus S1 Noble2's 225/40zr18 92w ive put about 50k on them. They've been great but are wore out. I had to replace 1 tire last year and put a cheap one on and its wearing out as well. im trying to find something under $140. Recomendations on where to buy would be awesome as well. (Tirerack,tirediscounters etc) Thanks

·
I Need A Vacation
14,060 Posts
Are you looking for all seasons? All weather? Snow tires? Are you looking for a tire that is more performance oriented or a touring tire that sacrifices some performance for a quieter softer ride. Also where you live determines what tire is best suited for you ie. dry most of the time, rains alot, lots of snow etc etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for all seasons? All weather? Snow tires? Are you looking for a tire that is more performance oriented or a touring tire that sacrifices some performance for a quieter softer ride. Also where you live determines what tire is best suited for you ie. dry most of the time, rains alot, lots of snow etc etc.
Lexani LXUHP-207 225/40R18- These are what I ended up buying based on price and rating. However They where pretty cheap.
BFGOODRICH G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS-225/40ZR18 I can get these for a pretty good price as well.

I live in Ohio. I do alot of driving especially out of state. I like performance but also like longevity in the tire.

I guess are either of these two good options at all for durability, all season and performance. I think the lexanis where $81 per tire and The BF Where around $122

·
I Need A Vacation
14,060 Posts
Lexani LXUHP-207 225/40R18- These are what I ended up buying based on price and rating. However They where pretty cheap.
BFGOODRICH G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS-225/40ZR18 I can get these for a pretty good price as well.

I live in Ohio. I do alot of driving especially out of state. I like performance but also like longevity in the tire.

I guess are either of these two good options at all for durability, all season and performance. I think the lexanis where $81 per tire and The BF Where around $122
Lexani is bottom of the barrel stuff in my books. BFG is a better option but still probably mid range neither will be able to handle any kind of prolonged driving on snow/ice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The BFG is actually very good. The grip is tremendous. I have a friend of a friend who runs those on a 10th gen Si. He can easily keep up with those running actual ultrahigh performance summer on a race track like Mid-Ohio. I also had those for about 4 weeks. The grip was terrific, but 3 out of the 4 was out of round straight from the factory. Michelin moved me up to the Pilot Sport All Season 4 instead.

Based on reviews, the BFG also seems to do quite well in the snow. But I have no personal experience.

I liked the DWS 06. I ran those for one winter, and it handled 4-5in of fresh snow with no problem. Neither the TC nor ABS ever had to kick on. Granted I never went into boost and whatnot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lexani is bottom of the barrel stuff in my books. BFG is a better option but still probably mid range neither will be able to handle any kind of prolonged driving on snow/ice.
So with that said what is a better option around the BF's or a few dollars more? Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just get away from the Lexani stuff. You'll regret it. Just like how I regret getting the Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S. It was mid range for that category, but it's nothing like the top of the chart stuff (BFG, PS A/S 4, DWS 06, etc.).

·
I Need A Vacation
14,060 Posts
So with that said what is a better option around the BF's or a few dollars more? Thanks!
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus are always at the top of the Ultra High Performance all season tire food chain. I personally went with the DWS06 Plus because it has exceptional wet weather performance and it rains alot where I live for outright dry weather performance 4S is slightly better.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266&tab=ResultVideo

A solid midrange option would be the Yokohama Avid Ascend GT excellent all around performance for the price.

No name stuff like Lexani are pure trash don't waste your money on that garbage.

People that have never owned snow tires all say how good their all seasons perform on snow than once they've tried real snow tires than they realize what a huge difference proper tires make.

·
Registered
466 Posts
One piece of advice I've come across on these forums that I followed when I had to replace the factory tires on my civic - tires are one area of your car you REALLY don't want to cheap out on...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus are always at the top of the Ultra High Performance all season tire food chain. I personally went with the DWS06 Plus because it has exceptional wet weather performance and it rains alot where I live for outright dry weather performance 4S is slightly better.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266&tab=ResultVideo

A solid midrange option would be the Yokohama Avid Ascend GT excellent all around performance for the price.

No name stuff like Lexani are pure trash don't waste your money on that garbage.

People that have never owned snow tires all say how good their all seasons perform on snow than once they've tried real snow tires than they realize what a huge difference proper tires make.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts