9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I know the current market for used and new cars is absolutely insane. But if you had the chance to go back in time to buy a practically brand new 9th gen... Would you? 25,999 sticker. White. Non nav

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's basically MSRP for a 7 year old car. Sure it has low mileage, but I don't think it's going to hold it's value much. Right now it's at that price due to a shortage or w/e is going on right now. I've seen dealers selling 9th gen Si's in the 18k-20k range with 70-80k miles, but when I got my appraised with 88k miles I was offered 10k. They're going to make a ton of money out of these sales and once the shortage is over the value of them are going to drop significantly.

In the end it's your choice. If you're ok with paying that price for a 7 year old car and you know you'll be happy with it and keeping it for a long time, then go for it. I got my 2013 in 2015 and still have it and plan on keeping it forever. These cars were made well and will last a long time with proper maintenance and care.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love my 15 Si - 9th Gen
Be open to an electric CRX Si in future :)
I should've NEVER sold my 91 CRX Si with 128k miles.... : (

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
13 Posts
What is the amount you think could you get them to come down? Like others pointed out, why pay more than actual 2014 MSRP. What you have there was the price of a brand-new Si including the Navi option, I know I got one in March 2015. They are phenomenal cars, but if you can wait, just wait. If you can afford it, jump on it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hmmm........ tough. I bought my 2015 2.5 years ago with 20k miles for 20k. I mean, this is the last kseries that you can do a k20 head swap. If you can get it out the door for that price, I don't think it's too far fetched. The z7 according to Honda has the strongest short block and the best flowing intake on any kseries motor.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Hello. I know the current market for used and new cars is absolutely insane. But if you had the chance to go back in time to buy a practically brand new 9th gen... Would you? 25,999 sticker. White. Non nav
How far back in time? Pre-10th gen? First year of 10th gen (2016)?

Given what is available now, and what is soon to be available, I'd buy my car again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts