9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay one of my valves stems is broken, well I cant get any air in or out of the tire. All I need to replace is the valve stem? I’ve never replaces a valve stem on a car with tpms. Also, does anyone have a Honda part number? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Okay one of my valves stems is broken, well I cant get any air in or out of the tire. All I need to replace is the valve stem? I’ve never replaces a valve stem on a car with tpms. Also, does anyone have a Honda part number? Thank you.
As stated in your other thread. 2014 does not have tpms sensors in the wheel.

If you just need to replace the schrader valve, you can simply unscrew it and install a new one. If the whole stem needs replaced, then the tire will need to be removed/remounted.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
As stated in your other thread. 2014 does not have tpms sensors in the wheel.

If you just need to replace the schrader valve, you can simply unscrew it and install a new one. If the whole stem needs replaced, then the tire will need to be removed/remounted.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
At the very least the top bead needs to be broken down to swap it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so the schrader valve is connected to the sensor, and this is a universal part?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Okay so the schrader valve is connected to the sensor, and this is a universal part?
2014 Schrader valves don’t have sensors. Just replace it with a generic one. If you can break the bead, you can replace it yourself

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tire technician here. You can always ask a tire shop to replace your "valve core". Its the part of the valve stem that controls if air is added or released. if the problem persists, replacing the valve stem would definitely fix the problem. luckily the 2014 and newer si's don't have sensors. that is I'm assuming you have an SI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts