9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Civic Si / FB6 Crystal Black Pearl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, wanted to introduce myself to the forum after stalking the wonderful posts for the past couple months.
I picked up the car mid December with 111,110km, the last owner had a couple basic and tasteful mods, short ram intake (which I want to swap for a CAI, I heard the short rams pickup a lot of heat being up high in the engine bay), a Acuity short throw shifter kit, and an Injen muffler.

I am enjoying the added torque and deeper sound the k24 adds from the k20,. I was looking at multiple different 8th gen Si's before grabbing my 9th gen, I was actually gonna purchase a 09 dyno blue pearl SI Sedan, but the guy backstabbed me and sold it to a guy who brought cash and upsold right after we talked to him and made a deal to buy it the next day..:rolleyes: (kind of a dick move, didn't even call me to see if I would counter other dudes offer and only let me know the next day). I wanted the K20s better top end with the raised rev limit and I also wanted to get into autocross/lapping and the 8th gens are much more suited than the 9th gens for that purpose. However here I am making a introduction to the 9thGenCivic forum, The 9th gen offered a much newer car with lower km's, for just 2-3k CAD more, much better daily driver as well.

The K24 has given me no reason to complain, you don't need to rev the valves off to have some highway fun. I'm looking to get hondata and a cold air intake and get a tune on it to see where the cars at and if I want to pursue more powah baby, the hondata will also get rid of the rev hang the car currently has, thank god.

I wasted no time buying proper suspension for the summer as the car is on some skunk2 lowering springs which I'm not a fan of, makes some clunking noises when hitting medium size bumps, I picked up the KTuned K2 Track coilovers with 20k front and 16k rear spring rates. I might have to change the spring rates to something more softer, Toronto is no exception to the salty north east, potholes multiply in this city, smooth roads are hard to find in the city. If anyone else has this suspension setup let me know how it rides, I'm waiting for the salt to rinse off the roads to install the coilovers.

The car came on the stock 18" rims with brand new winter tires, which is what it sits on right now, for the summer setup I'm leaning towards 17x8+35 RPF1 and the best tires within my budget, I don't want to rub much or roll fenders or have excessive camber.

Love the car and love the community, great to be apart!

Also this cars tooshie looks way better than the front imo

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too am a big fan of the k24. It's way torquier than the k20 and I prefer the deeper sounding exhaust. I do miss the awesome vtec crossover, but overall no complaints. Put over 100k trouble free miles on mine too. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Good to have you along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts