9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what budget coilovers would y’all recommend for a 2015 civic ex. And also if I should get power stop z23 evolution sport brake upgrade kit. And what else would y’all recommend me doing. I know I can’t really do any engine mods since it doesn’t have that much power to begin with.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was wondering what budget coilovers would y’all recommend for a 2015 civic ex. And also if I should get power stop z23 evolution sport brake upgrade kit. And what else would y’all recommend me doing. I know I can’t really do any engine mods since it doesn’t have that much power to begin with.
Truhart coilovers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Like 12FG4 said, for street use Truhart makes a reasonably quality product for their price. There really isn't much reason to upgrade your brakes unless you track the car. The stock calipers have more than enough bite to lockup an all season tire, so caliper isn't a limitation. Rotors and pad upgrades are mainly just going to help you deal with heat over time. Needed for track days and autocross, not really a factor for street driving. In fact, a more aggressive pad will have a higher operating temp and work less efficiently than an OEM pad during normal commuting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like 12FG4 said, for street use Truhart makes a reasonably quality product for their price. There really isn't much reason to upgrade your brakes unless you track the car. The stock calipers have more than enough bite to lockup an all season tire, so caliper isn't a limitation. Rotors and pad upgrades are mainly just going to help you deal with heat over time. Needed for track days and autocross, not really a factor for street driving. In fact, a more aggressive pad will have a higher operating temp and work less efficiently than an OEM pad during normal commuting.
Thank you so much. I’m new to all this car stuff and was wondering. But I’m thankful I asked before purchasing something that I don’t really need.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thank you so much. I’m new to all this car stuff and was wondering. But I’m thankful I asked before purchasing something that I don’t really need.
Suspension, wheels, good tires for if you like some twisty roads and some cosmetic upgrades will be good for the car to make it more fun and stand out a bit

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,568 Posts
You may want to add some performance parts like a new exhaust.
A performance exhaust will do extraordinarily little except sound faster, and may in fact, hamper performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought the handling of my 2015 EX was unacceptable stock. I went and got used Si wheels and slapped on new tires. That helped but it was still "floaty" then I found a thread (I brought it back from the dead recently) that said the 2014/2015 Si rear sway bar was directly interchangeable and was a cheap way to get better handling. I just did it today and its night and day difference. I would start there. Skip on the brake kit for now...besides you're not going make much power so what's the point in the brake kit? You'll notice the handling literally every moment you're driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts