9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
New to the forums. Just wanted to get y’all’s thoughts on an issue I’ve been having, and as a newbie, it’s much appreciated.
I’ve had my 2015 CVT civic ex for about 3 months, and in that time, I would consistently get between 33-36 mpg mixed driving. Over the last 500 miles or so, it dropped by a third. Now, same type of driving, it barely gets 25 mpg. While the engine appears to idle normally, acceleration is slightly more sluggish than normal.
I ran through some of the basics and eliminated the possibilities of low tire pressure (normal), dirty air filter (checked and is clean), calibration error in the digital fuel economy gauge (verified reading is correct using odometer reading, reset at every fill-up), and the possibility of poor quality gasoline (last fill up at Shell from quarter tank, issue has persisted despite gasoline known to be good quality being used)
All that’s left I can think of that could cause it are dirty injectors, spark plugs, the MAF sensor, fuel pump/lines, and the O2 sensor.
Anyone ever experience this before and resolve the issue?
Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
What kind of mileage does the car have?

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to answer the questions:
Prior to this: 33-36 mixed city/highway driving.
Fuel Used: whatever was cheapest, though last fill up was with Shell 87 to check to see if using a known good quality fuel would rectify the issue. Cheap fuel was never an issue up until this point (last 8000 miles), however, it has improved slightly since last post, around 30 (after around 50 miles of driving).
Wheels and tires are not oversized, they are the factory 16 inch alloys.
As for location: US: formerly New England, recently relocated to the south.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like things are going back to normal.
The sluggish acceleration that you reported earlier could be a clue though.
Being a new to you car, I would be concerned when the last drain/fill on the CVT was done?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Is it time for spark plugs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts