9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the same issue, not as bad, but in the same area. Honda offered to cover half of the cost to repair/repaint - would have been around $1,300 out of my pocket. No Thanks.

Get some touch up paint and cover it as best you can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I still have my 8th gen. I've never had this issue. I'd say tape off your rear glass, wet sand that, and use touch-up paint. If you use aerosol, mask of the entire rear glass, trunk lid, roof, and quarter panel. That edge would be a great cutoff point for your masking tape. You always want to mask off your paint area at the closest straight edge where ever possible. And since that frame is a straight edge, you're golden! Additionally, there's no need to feather it (which I wouldn't recommend anyways because it's hard to get right). Masking off the car would take the longest for you.

Personally, I use Automotive Touchup (Microfinish LLC) for my paint needs. Their aerosols are no joke. They cost $20 +shipping, but their nozzles don't spit and splatter like the terrible Rustoleum products you see at Home Depot that never get the job done right.. And stay away from Dupli-Color 10 oz clear coat aerosols. They are worth as much as a trash can, you get barely enough product to cover a headlight! Spend the $$ on Automotive Touchup clear coat. I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same. 2015 Si Sedan, Tafetta White. Started around the rear window and now there's some visible flaking around the front window too. It's actually getting so bad that there's a good portion of the paint on my roof missing.

It's quite depressing because I've tried to maintain the paint pretty well (claybar, wax, polish, etc. twice a year) but apparently the paint is allowed to just peel off because Honda doesn't do a good job? I'm convinced this is a common problem for these cars and I hope they'll extend a warranty for this color on the 9th gens. I'm not sure how I can help make this happen though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts