9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nothing to do with prejudice.
Simply put if the same car was built in Japan and one was built in Mexico which one would you buy? Or same car but one was built in Canada and one was built in China which one would you buy? Its not about prejudice its about trust. I trust a car built in Japan or Canada more than a car built in Mexico or China.
Quality standards are in the maker, not in people building them.
Here Ford is producing Fusions and MKZ and this plant it's known by his very good build quality.
Back on topic, I think Honda will not put an Earth dreams on a Civic until 2016, being a 10th gen civic.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,256 Posts
Quality standards are in the maker, not in people building them.
Although I respect your comment I don't agree with it. Kind of like saying Ferrari's will be just as good built in Mexico or China as they would if they were built in Italy. I know the example is extreme and we are talking about Honda here but the bottom line for me is that I would trust a Ferrari built in Italy more than I would a Ferrari built in Mexico or China and the same can be said in a lesser degree about Honda. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Although I respect your comment I don't agree with it. Kind of like saying Ferrari's will be just as good built in Mexico or China as they would if they were built in Italy. I know the example is extreme and we are talking about Honda here but the bottom line for me is that I would trust a Ferrari built in Italy more than I would a Ferrari built in Mexico or China and the same can be said in a lesser degree about Honda. Just my opinion of course.
I agree with you in some way. Of course a Ferrari build in Italy will be more trust (by far) than one build in China. The know-how isn't the same (by far again).
But, for cheapers cars that are produced by hundreds a day, technology makes almost all the work, people just move the machinery here and there, and actually is the same equiment here than the one used in USA.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts