9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
The 2.4L in the new TLX might make around 220hp +/- 5%, I'm guessing. They could just do the same as 9th gen Si and slap that 2.4 in there if they wanted 220hp. Usually Honda wrings out as much hp as possible per liter so I don't know that they'd hold back so much when the 2.0T is capable of 300hp, unless it means really good MPG.
Very possible too. I think alot of people here would be crying wolf if they don't see some version of the 2.0T in the next gen Si. I for one would rarher have a NA like a 2.4L kicking out 220-230HP. I do wish sometimes the Si made another 20HP stock, that would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The 2.4L in the new TLX might make around 220hp +/- 5%, I'm guessing. They could just do the same as 9th gen Si and slap that 2.4 in there if they wanted 220hp. Usually Honda wrings out as much hp as possible per liter so I don't know that they'd hold back so much when the 2.0T is capable of 300hp, unless it means really good MPG.
Where are u getting that info? That 2.4 is there economy version of the tlx and most likely isn't going to make more than 185hp...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Where are u getting that info? That 2.4 is there economy version of the tlx and most likely isn't going to make more than 185hp...

Idk man from experience,my ED K24 IS pretty damn tourqie.the gearbox has long econo gears but you Guys think the si comes with a crappy DP.check out the new ED k24's might as well be a soda straw.i don't get why I got 2 exhaust with a 2 inch dp and 2 inch b pipe with 2.25 y pipe to the mufflers.
That alone if changed and tuned from the factory should be able to bring the current ED K24 to a much higher hp and already higher torque than the k24z7.
I feel if they shoved the new DI k24 with some tweaking stock it could make over 220 hp stock.will they?doubt it.they may go back to either the 2.0 or 2.2 boosted.
The DI would benefit greatly from boost.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You know at this point I'm not even going to hold my breath for a CTR or for Honda to reinvent the wheel. I'll be happy if they just makes their USDM Si Civics more potent with what they already got. The RDX has a nice 2.3-litre K23A1 w/ turbo that puts out 240/260 hp/torque. Mate that in a Civic with the current transmission and you'll have a nice little pocket rocket of a car. Call it a Si or Si-R and be done.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very possible too. I think alot of people here would be crying wolf if they don't see some version of the 2.0T in the next gen Si. I for one would rarher have a NA like a 2.4L kicking out 220-230HP. I do wish sometimes the Si made another 20HP stock, that would be perfect.
I would also prefer a high revving NA 2.4L with 220-230hp over a 2.0T. Make a lighter car, make a proper chassis, and they won't need gobs of torque to make a fast car that can compete with the ST or GTI. For me it's about the total system, not just one single parameter.

220hp was a rough number that was thrown around on temple of vtec. It's not unreasonable. DI can improve torque by 5-10% and Honda says the 2.4 in the TLX will be "all new" and will be "high revving", so I think 220hp could be possible.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I would also prefer a high revving NA 2.4L with 220-230hp over a 2.0T. Make a lighter car, make a proper chassis, and they won't need gobs of torque to make a fast car that can compete with the ST or GTI. For me it's about the total system, not just one single parameter.

220hp was a rough number that was thrown around on temple of vtec. It's not unreasonable. DI can improve torque by 5-10% and Honda says the 2.4 in the TLX will be "all new" and will be "high revving", so I think 220hp could be possible.
Wishful thinking IMHO

·
Registered
763 Posts
Wishful thinking IMHO

Could be, but take for example the K24Z7. It's 201hp and redlines at 7100rpm. Take those numbers and increase torque by 10% because of DI, assume a redline at 7500rpm (as Honda claims it will be "high revving"), that'll be over 220hp.

It may be optimistic as I don't know how "high revving" they can get a DI engine, but I think anything under 210hp for that TLX engine will be a shame.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm pretty sure we will get a type R state side there have been talk around my honda dealer about it. They mentioned if the turbo type r sells well dodge -.- will be bringing out a SRT edition of the dart that's what I've heard from some reliable sources. I plan on owning the type R no second guess for me lol.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
Although the whole turbo thing is great, I decided that if this body style was to become available here, I would not buy it.

It looks like a suppository.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
^LOL

I know there are mixed emotions and feelings about the Concept R, personally I like it and if the stars align I would buy one most definitely.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
You look like a suppository.
It is unfortunate that you do not see the difference between criticizing an object and being personally insulting.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
loving the fact it has a turbo. Turbo engines are very easy to mod. Sadly the styling is ugly
Careful. qc wil tell you that you are ugly. :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
If they actually brought it to the states I would be the first guy in line for one, regardless of cost, assuming it had a non-adulterated powertrain. 280+ hp stock turbo, sign me up! I'd pay 30k+ for it in a heartbeat. I'm a Honda guy all the way. GIMME!! I also like the radical styling.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts