9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Honda should veer away from turbo, go with a supercharger, It will tune better for gas mileage and produce the HP in a far more subtle way.
Agreed! A sc also is more realible, doesn't produce nearly as much heat, is direct bolt on and doesn't require any major modifications. By the end of the year my FB6 will have the CT SC stage two and I'm positive that I'll be running better times in Autox and drag than a lot of other turbo type vehicles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
VW has been doing twincharging for a while now....they are killing it because it's just too expensive and modern twin scroll turbo's have near zero lag when sized and tuned correctly. Also supercharger's kill MPG's unless they can 100% decouple during cruise.

Who Killed The Twincharger? | The Truth About Cars
If you get a centrifugal supercharger then it would not change your gas mileage under normal driving. A PB blower will always drink more gas. On a centrifugal blower the boost does not come on until around 3-4K RPM. Most normal diving is under that.

However when you change your ECU fuel map, then it most likely will alter your gas mileage a small amount. Plus when you put your foot in it everyday it will drop your MPG

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That is a shame, Supercharged would be a lot better, But first, I hope they are spoofing us with the picture, the body design is not very desirable, A coupe - sedan? er both in one maybe. The design needs redesigning, completely. If they were to come in at 240 to 250HP, with a nice slick body design, keep it priced at say 26K, I think they would have a winner.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts