9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda has boasted that the upcoming Civic Type R will be the fastest front-wheel drive car around the Nurburgring and today the automaker released the first details on exactly how it intends to achieve that goal.

Speaking during a pres conference at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Honda Motor Europe president Manabu Nishimae commented that the new CTR will make “at least” 280-hp. How it will achieve that will be a result of an all-new turbocharged and direct injection 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine.

SEE ALSO: Frankfurt Motor Show Coverage

Cautioning that the production car is still two years away Nishimae indicated that the goal isn’t as unreachable as some have suggested. “We have recently spent a week at the Nurburgring, carrying out extensive testing and we are on target, he said, adding, “and have already set a time approaching the lap record.”
See more 2015 Civic Type R photos at AutoGuide.com

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
By the time this one comes out mine will be turbocharged and even faster than this stock Type-R. :D Although the rear from the picture above looks mad sexy.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It would be entirely unprecedented to bring a type R to the US
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1997-1998 and 2000-2001 Integra Type R were in the US.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
Is there a reason for that- not enough predicted sales maybe?
With the right advertising campaign anything is possible.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think at this point many of the Honda fans are a bit older and would be able to finally afford a Type R if they came out. I think it would sell like hotcakes considering Honda doesn't offer much other than the Si as far as a sporty car.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts