9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2015 EX Window weather strips

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Oregono 
#1 ·
Bought my Civic last week. Seeing it the day I noticed the outer window weather strips are crumbling and falling apart.
Can't clear the dew on the windows in the morning by rolling them down and back up.
Has anyone had any success with after market weather strip or buy from Honda?? If you have had success give me a heads up where you got them from. Have found them on Ebay motors. Thanks

#2 ·
Bought my Civic last week. Seeing it the day I noticed the outer window weather strips are crumbling and falling apart.
Can't clear the dew on the windows in the morning by rolling them down and back up.
Has anyone had any success with after market weather strip or buy from Honda?? If you have had success give me a heads up where you got them from. Have found them on Ebay motors. Thanks
the ones on eBay work, I recently just replaced mine but for some reason one of the sides for the front doors stick up. Not sure if heat is needed to mold it to place but with the weather being so cold, it’s no help at the moment. The back doors are perfect, just the front is where the problem is

#3 ·
Well, I did buy the ones from Ebay rather than the normal Honda parts site I normally use. They where less than 1/2 price and free shipping. I figured what the heck.
The only one that was giving me a problem was the drivers door of course. If I moved the window it would pop up. Very annoying.
I had kept the old moldings. I pulled the old clips off that where not damaged from removing them, Lined them up as the old clip placement was and success. I pulled all the old clips off in case later I need them. I told my wife the was a reason I kept them in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.