9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
2015 Si fb6 Orange Fire Pearl
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone, I have a 2015 Civic Si sedan. Im currently in the process of getting all the parts together for this build. I will post parts list along with pics and details of whats needed for the build as I go along!! I understand it has been done before but NO one has shared any concrete info with photo evidence of the process. Its Not very difficult but does require some detailed modifications! Any questions feel free to ask! I may leave somethings out but ill do my best!! Car is going to be built by a reputable mechanic and shop in my area, KBuilts Nelvin Performance in Aguada, Puerto Rico!

some of the pics used as reference belong to yadifb6 who has completed the swap thanks to him he encouraged me to start my build and share with you all along the way

My Car 2015 Si Orange Fire Pearl 65k Reason for head swap, low compression cylinder 2!

First you will need a K20/k24 cylinder head preferably '06-10' k20z3 the head will need to be modified or it will leak!! Ill post pic for Reference: note use k24z7 headgasket

You Will need head studs. InlinePro makes the kit for k24z7. These are a must have!!

Another Must Have is the PRL Type-S Oil Pump swap kit! This makes the Type-S Oil pump a simple install! (I bought kit seperate from pump, Im still waiting on my 4 piston pump)

Next you will need an 8th gen Civic Si header. I chose a PLM Tri Y header (V1) it has not come in the mail yet so I cant post pic. The Header needs to be modified to fit! (Unless you want to buy a Hytech header which is a direct bolt on for the swap with no modification needed from HPD) note any 8th gen header will need to be modified

Heres a list put together of OEM parts needed!! Somethings you may not need depending if you purchased the head complete!

Heres a list and some pics for reference of what needs to be modified or changed!!
**You must use your 9th gen valve cover along with the upper timing chain guide from the 9th gen.
**The Exhaust Cam pulse plate must be used from the 9th gen so the VC can fit!
**The intake cam VTC bolt must be cut/modified in order for the 9th gen VC to fit correctly!
**You must use an 8th gen vtec solenoid the 9th gen housing is different but you have to swap out the spool valve and pressure sensor from the 9th gen!
**You can use the 9th gen fuel injectors with p2r spacers on the Rbc intake manifold, you can also use the 9th gen Throttle Body with PRL spacer for rbc manifold

Will only let me post 10 pics i will post more pics and details of process as i go along down below! Anything I may of left out you can ask I will def keep updating post as the build goes along!! Im still waiting on various parts!

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of 8th gen vtec solenoid with 9th gen spool and pressure sensor as referenced above

Pic of coolant pipe that needs the small ear tab cut off in order to properly fit the z3 coolant housing and the coolant hose

Premium Member
Team Orange!!!
Great build detail. Subscribed for more.

I am actually going to have a livestream this week to talk to a guy with this mod. We are going to try to cover as much of it as possible. Feel free to join us in the chat, and drop in your 2 cents.

Premium Member
interesting... I woulda thought you could use the studs designed for K20 since the head is shorter.

also, I am assuming at this point you're going to be using sparkplugs for K20.

Registered
this is awesome! So glad more and more ppl are doing this swap, actually documenting it, and sharing it with everyone.

Reactions: Topend1320

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
interesting... I woulda thought you could use the studs designed for K20 since the head is shorter.

also, I am assuming at this point you're going to be using sparkplugs for K20.
K20 studs are shorter wont clamp head down enough and yes will be using k20 spark plugs

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Team Orange!!!
Great build detail. Subscribed for more.

I am actually going to have a livestream this week to talk to a guy with this mod. We are going to try to cover as much of it as possible. Feel free to join us in the chat, and drop in your 2 cents.
Appreciate it im on fb names eddie vega and on ig paperplane511 send me a msg or request with date/time if im not working ill try and join the live stream

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Heres another detailed pic of where k20z3 head needs to welded!! (Dont mind pic its not the finished product!)

Another pic of intake cam VTC bolt that needs be shaved down in order for 9th gen VC to fit properly. I suggest having machine shop perform modification! Its minimal what needs to be shaved

Another pic of 8th gen vtec solenoid with 9th gen spool valve and pressure sensor!

Below is a picture for reference of ARP Headstud vs stock I do not recommend the ARP headstuds this is why i chose to use InlinePro over ARP or Stock: *note InlinePro headstuds are 11mm beam diameter vs 9.5 and are specifically made for k24z7/z3 not like arp which are made for both k20/k24

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for taking the time to document this!
Ive been in the process for about 2 months now gathering info parts etc figured Id share! I hope to complete in next 2-3 months heads in machine shop getting ported new guides and seals waiting on header to be made by plm theres a back order on oil pump!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Few more parts that came in today these are all neccessary parts to complete the swap correctly! OEM k24z7 timing chain guides
OEM k24z7 timing chain
OEM k24z7 timing chain tensioner
OEM k20a2 Rsx Type-S or S2000 oil pump chain
OEM k20a2 Rsx Type-S oil chain guide
*all oem part #s are listed in first post

I recommend replacing the bearings I purchased Acl Bearing Kit comes with Main, Rod and thrust washers

Registered
2015 LX Sedan, 2013 Si Sedan
Thank you so much, this is something I'd like to do in a year or 2 so it's great to have all this info put together :) If you don't mind, could you the prices of parts or of the entire build altogether?

Registered
This thread is welcomed. Seems the first few shops to do this swap, hid info about what it took to do the swap.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you so much, this is something I'd like to do in a year or 2 so it's great to have all this info put together :) If you don't mind, could you the prices of parts or of the entire build altogether?
Honestly prices vary it all depends if your doing the work yourself or having a shop do it and if youre buying new or used parts. So far I bought everything except the head New! Between the plm header, ported k20z3 head new supertech guides and seals, (still in machine shop) all new oem chains, tensioners, guides, prl oil pump kit, 4piston ported oil pump, inlinepro head studs, acl race bearings, DC oil filter baffle Ive spent $2250!

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
This thread is welcomed. Seems the first few shops to do this swap, hid info about what it took to do the swap.
Yea I dont understand why! I looked for info everywhere and everything i found was either vague and or wrong info using the wrong combination of parts, soon as i get more parts in and some space frees up in the shop ill keep updating post

Registered
2015 LX Sedan, 2013 Si Sedan
Honestly prices vary it all depends if your doing the work yourself or having a shop do it and if youre buying new or used parts. So far I bought everything except the head New! Between the plm header, ported k20z3 head new supertech guides and seals, (still in machine shop) all new oem chains, tensioners, guides, prl oil pump kit, 4piston ported oil pump, inlinepro head studs, acl race bearings, DC oil filter baffle Ive spent $2250!
Yeah I'd really like to do as much of the work on my own, this included. Thanks again, I'll see you in a year or 2 when I actually pull the trigger on it lmao

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
My 4Piston Ported Oil Pump Supertech valve guides and valve stem seals came in today Merry Christmas! **Also posted a reference pic of the hole that needs to be plugged before installing pump!

*Note in order for pump to work on k24z7 and k20z3 blocks you will also need the prl oil pump swap kit

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts