9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking to mod my 15 Si coupe and having troubles on what to get. That is why I joined this forum to hopefully get some better insight into specific parts.

Pretty much bone stock, have Hondata with MAF base tune running.

Want to get an exhaust that has the best hp gains and also moderate sound.
Looking into Greddy Supreme SP, Skunk MEgapower RR, and Magnaflow Performance Exhaust System.

As for Air intake, I'm really interested in the Takeda Momentum Stage 2

Does anyone have any reviews or comments on any of these?

Thanks

Beast

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
All of this has been covered a million times, but here goes. Exhaust doesn't gain much on these cars, unless you go three inch. Factory piping is 2.5 or something close, most exhaust are just for noise. The intake is more debatable, but I think the acuity cold air makes the most power, the skunk 2 cold air would also be a good choice. The most gains come from a down pipe and tune. Search search search.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree with bfaided1984........... tune and downpipe will be best bet. Everything else for NA will net min gains.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I’ve got the Takeda, and I’m happy with it. Still under-utilized as I don’t have a downpipe or flash yet, but those are coming one of these days. Exhaust for 14-15 is 2.5” which is fine unless you’re going max N/A or forced induction. I had a performance exhaust shop swap my muffler for a performance resonator, and the sound is great. Quiet when you need it, loud when you want it. No drone at all, and was only like $125 total. The biggest bottleneck is the downpipe. Once you free that up, you’re golden. RV6 makes a 2.5” downpipe, which is the one I’ll be going after. As bfaided said, ton of info on the site, just keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Modrid spent $125 and his car sounds damn good. I spent like $600 on the Q300 and it doesnt sound as good.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
IMO, available bolt on performance options, not including forced or chemical induction, are not cost effective on a $$$ per Hp basis.
Outlined is the bottle neck of this head design for N/A speed options. However, it's ripe for a turbo installation.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
689 Posts
IMO, available bolt on performance options, not including forced or chemical induction, are not cost effective on a $$$ per Hp basis.
Outlined is the bottle neck of this head design for N/A speed options. However, it's ripe for a turbo installation.
View attachment 491597
Hold on, I'm not used to seeing you give out upgrade advice.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hold on, I'm not used to seeing you give out upgrade advice.
I'm just pointing out that the volumetric efficiency of this head (N/A) is limited by the exhaust design.
And pointing out the obvious configuration for a turbo. Supercharger, not so much...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of this has been covered a million times, but here goes. Exhaust doesn't gain much on these cars, unless you go three inch. Factory piping is 2.5 or something close, most exhaust are just for noise. The intake is more debatable, but I think the acuity cold air makes the most power, the skunk 2 cold air would also be a good choice. The most gains come from a down pipe and tune. Search search search.
Any recommendations on down pipe with best gains?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve got the Takeda, and I’m happy with it. Still under-utilized as I don’t have a downpipe or flash yet, but those are coming one of these days. Exhaust for 14-15 is 2.5” which is fine unless you’re going max N/A or forced induction. I had a performance exhaust shop swap my muffler for a performance resonator, and the sound is great. Quiet when you need it, loud when you want it. No drone at all, and was only like $125 total. The biggest bottleneck is the downpipe. Once you free that up, you’re golden. RV6 makes a 2.5” downpipe, which is the one I’ll be going after. As bfaided said, ton of info on the site, just keep looking.

Did you notice any gains with it? Which filter do you have/recommend for the Takeda? Literally have one sitting in my cart but just not 100% sure if I should go through with it, am thinking of Supercharging in the future.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Did you notice any gains with it? Which filter do you have/recommend for the Takeda? Literally have one sitting in my cart but just not 100% sure if I should go through with it, am thinking of Supercharging in the future.
It’s a decent intake. Good throttle response, but still need a tune to really wake it up. I talked myself out of a true cold air due to hydro locking fears. This is one of the best hybrid ones. I wrapped the metal tubing with some exhaust heat wrap to minimize heat soak. You wouldn’t want this for supercharging tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, looking to mod my 15 Si coupe and having troubles on what to get. That is why I joined this forum to hopefully get some better insight into specific parts.

Pretty much bone stock, have Hondata with MAF base tune running.

Want to get an exhaust that has the best hp gains and also moderate sound.
Looking into Greddy Supreme SP, Skunk MEgapower RR, and Magnaflow Performance Exhaust System.

As for Air intake, I'm really interested in the Takeda Momentum Stage 2

Does anyone have any reviews or comments on any of these?

Thanks

Beast
I have a 2014 sedan but I’m running k20/k24 however in your case buy a prl boost kit and you are good to go!! Eventually you will need fuel pump, clutch and axels plus a tune but this should get you to 400hp easy... it really don’t matter what exhaust you go with however I’m running full race

1 - 15 of 15 Posts