9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I am looking for a new OEM shifter for my Civic Si. I have done some research but I don't think there is much information about this since many of the forums and websites are talking about aftermarket short shifter (or maybe I am not a good researcher...). Does anyone knows the part number of the OEM shifter, or even where can I get this? I am a huge fan of the Honda shifting experience (Si, Type R etc.), and I wanna get a new one to replace the one I am using to get the new and perfect gear shifting feel.
Thanks and stay healthy:)

p.s. I am wondering if 24400-RPW-000 is what I need for, thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi folks, I am looking for a new OEM shifter for my Civic Si. I have done some research but I don't think there is much information about this since many of the forums and websites are talking about aftermarket short shifter (or maybe I am not a good researcher...). Does anyone knows the part number of the OEM shifter, or even where can I get this? I am a huge fan of the Honda shifting experience (Si, Type R etc.), and I wanna get a new one to replace the one I am using to get the new and perfect gear shifting feel.
Thanks and stay healthy:)

p.s. I am wondering if 24400-RPW-000 is what I need for, thanks
Why do you need to replace the shifter? Is there something wrong with your oem one? I've never heard of a shifter failing. Maybe the cables but not the shifter itself.

The part you mentioned is the shift selector mounted on the transmission, not in the interior.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need to replace the shifter? Is there something wrong with your oem one? I've never heard of a shifter failing. Maybe the cables but not the shifter itself.

The part you mentioned is the shift selector mounted on the transmission, not in the interior.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply. I am not very used to car mods and stuffs, so just wondering will replace a shifter used for 6 years with a new one can making shifting gear feels better, just like changing new tires or new consumable parts.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
thanks for the reply. I am not very used to car mods and stuffs, so just wondering will replace a shifter used for 6 years with a new one can making shifting gear feels better, just like changing new tires or new consumable parts.
You'll be wasting your money! If you want it to "feel better", get a short shifter and replace the detent springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll be wasting your money! If you want it to "feel better", get a short shifter and replace the detent springs.
Thanks for the reply! I am planning to change the bush on the shifter as well as maybe also the detent spring you mentioned!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would upgrade to the buddy club short shifter. It’s easier than OEM and the throw reduction is moderate. After a week of driving, it feels like the car should have been stock with the amount of throw reduction it has. Still OEM feel. The only issue I see attempting to replace the assembly is that you need to purchase the parts individually from the dealer. No full assembly is available and required piecing the parts together or swapping over parts if replacing the Sub Assembly. Buy aftermarket for no guess work or start replacing individual parts and piecing your fix together.

·
Registered
2012 FG4 Si
12 Posts
I believe these are the parts you would need to change the shifter assembly.

54100-TR4-A01
54102-TR7-A01ZB
54103-SNW-J00
54118-S10-000
90715-SDA-000
54117-SNA-A01 (4)
54119-SMG-E01 (4)
93414-08030-08 (4)

Not suggesting one way or another, just trying to help with part numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts