9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I am looking for a new OEM shifter for my Civic Si. I have done some research but I don't think there is much information about this since many of the forums and websites are talking about aftermarket short shifter (or maybe I am not a good researcher...). Does anyone knows the part number of the OEM shifter, or even where can I get this? I am a huge fan of the Honda shifting experience (Si, Type R etc.), and I wanna get a new one to replace the one I am using to get the new and perfect gear shifting feel.
Thanks and stay healthy:)

p.s. I am wondering if 24400-RPW-000 is what I need for, thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi folks, I am looking for a new OEM shifter for my Civic Si. I have done some research but I don't think there is much information about this since many of the forums and websites are talking about aftermarket short shifter (or maybe I am not a good researcher...). Does anyone knows the part number of the OEM shifter, or even where can I get this? I am a huge fan of the Honda shifting experience (Si, Type R etc.), and I wanna get a new one to replace the one I am using to get the new and perfect gear shifting feel.
Thanks and stay healthy:)

p.s. I am wondering if 24400-RPW-000 is what I need for, thanks
Why do you need to replace the shifter? Is there something wrong with your oem one? I've never heard of a shifter failing. Maybe the cables but not the shifter itself.

The part you mentioned is the shift selector mounted on the transmission, not in the interior.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need to replace the shifter? Is there something wrong with your oem one? I've never heard of a shifter failing. Maybe the cables but not the shifter itself.

The part you mentioned is the shift selector mounted on the transmission, not in the interior.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply. I am not very used to car mods and stuffs, so just wondering will replace a shifter used for 6 years with a new one can making shifting gear feels better, just like changing new tires or new consumable parts.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,906 Posts
thanks for the reply. I am not very used to car mods and stuffs, so just wondering will replace a shifter used for 6 years with a new one can making shifting gear feels better, just like changing new tires or new consumable parts.
You'll be wasting your money! If you want it to "feel better", get a short shifter and replace the detent springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll be wasting your money! If you want it to "feel better", get a short shifter and replace the detent springs.
Thanks for the reply! I am planning to change the bush on the shifter as well as maybe also the detent spring you mentioned!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts